Contributor

Husband texting other women

[ Edited ]

Does this bother any body besides me?

My DH was texting an "old-coworker" until I stopped it.  Messages became very flirtatious ... and I thought he crossed-the-line,"    Not ever checking his phone, one day I grabbed his cell to check the WeatherApp, and saw his last post on the bottom of the screen.   Naturally, I got the "we're just kidding around / just old friends BS."  

What would you do?   He's 63~!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Husband texting other women

You either trust him or you don't

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

well, you either trust him or you dont.

if you dont, then you have to find a way to find out if something is really going on.

if something is going on and he things you know then he will start communicating with her in other ways OR deleting his text messages.

you can also check cell phone records to see just how much "communication" is going on......if you are on the same account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Honestly, I think it matters 100% what they were texting.  "Personable" doesn't really say much.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Honestly, I think it matters 100% what they were texting.  "Personable" doesn't really say much.

I agree.  The opening post isn't specific enough.  

Honored Contributor

@BoGo7  I probably would not like it.  How would DH feel if you started texting an old flame?  I believe it can cause problems in your marriage.  He needs to text you and keep the flames burning so they say.  Once trust is broken so is the marriage.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee  Agree. Personable just kind of means friendly and easy to get along with. Maybe she meant "personal" which is a whole different ball of yarn.

Honored Contributor

Huge red flag from my own personal experience, but I sincerely hope that your experience is different from mine.Heart

Just keep your eyes and ears open........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Throw him out, and toss a Dennis Basso throw at him in case they really were 'kidding around'.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Throw him out, and toss a Dennis Basso throw at him in case they really were 'kidding around'.

@MarkeieMark

Why waste a perfectly lovely Dennis Basso throw, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.