Respected Contributor

Re: Husband gone fishing for week, fridge dies

@MoJoV I am waiting also three months for a refrigerator on order. I just called today as they said July and I was wondering if that date is still on?  They will get back to me. Mine is 25 years old with bad seals, things freeze if get too far back and it Clunks on and off and afraid one day it will quit. Like me  one hopes the order  will materialize and don't cancel it on you.  Mid summer and no refrigerator would  not be fun.

I live 75 miles from the UP in N. WI. I hope the men enjoy their fishing trip. Our little tourist town is crowded.  Nights generally cool  to 50s and 60s so ideal to visit Up North.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Deliveries must depend on the area. We recently ordered a new washer-dryer set from Home Depot. The ones we wanted were in stock, and delivered in 10 days. This is in NE Indiana. 

We also had to get a new gas range and refrigerator in the past three months from Home Depot. Everything we needed was in stock and delivered within a week. I was expecting some delays, so was happy that things worked out. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

We have a 4 door French door Samsung that is about five years old and is on its last legs. We bought a GE French door that "should" be delivered at the end of August. I hope that our Samsung, the worst fridge ever made, will hold on that long!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV 

I hope you will like it.  I never considered a bottom freezer because I don't want to bend over and dig!

The floor gets "lower" every day!!!!

DS and Daughter in Love bought a new fridge/freezer as we did.  They were over here, she saw mine,and said to DS "WHY did we not get THAT one????".

I said "I wanted a fridge large enough that I could thaw a big turkey, lol!!!!" 

I cook- a lot!, I have been the head of the family since I was 50!  We do all holidays here!

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV  When you get your refrigerator check it well! I paid for an LG side by side stainless. They were late delivering it so I called Lowe's. 
  I finally got the salesman who said he thought it was in stock but it had been sold!

I went to the store immediately. The manager said they didn't have it but did have one with freezer in the bottom in my size. They could deliver it the next day. And install it.

They couldn't get the water line hooked up so I had to call a plumber, extra $$. They forgot to take plastic off under door handle & I can't.

After a month or more I noticed at certain angles there were several small dents in the top door. 
    Obviously this one had been damaged. 
     AND The salesman wanted to just do a discount on my receipt rather than a new one which would make it not in warranty. 
    He forgot my military discount, I had to return to get it. 
    Good luck!    🤪 😜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a side by side and a bottom freezer.  I feel like the side by side holds much more than the bottom freezer drawer even though it looks so skinny.

But the side by side refrigerator holds less (in the fridge side).

I always remove the crazy parts like (wine) bottle rack and a shelf of two, so I have more storage space in the fridge.

If you measured exactly what you had, you should be good.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 

Good choice, French doors are my favorite.