Honored Contributor

Re: Husband Didn't Take Me To His H.S. Reunion

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

be glad you didn't go as reunions are all boring, not many people stay that close to high school friends- but your whole story to me raises a big red flag that your relationship might be in trouble and he used the reunion as an excuse for something else- remember he is a man and they are basically stupid, just pay attention to your relationship and protect yourself, it will all be known eventually if there is an issue- but seriously i doubt you missed anything

WHAT????

OMG!!

For once I'm speechless!

@YorkieonmyPillow... Let me add... WOW... to your WHAT and OMG... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb ~ Calling someone self-centered when that person is down isn't intended as unkind?  I would hate to hear what you have to say when you want to be unkind.

Yes, nothing good will come of you trying to express yourself.  After all, you are dealing with a self-centered person who clearly cannot see beyond the end of her wounded nose.  And no, you didn't refer to me as stupid ~ I did.  While I knew there would be comments not to my liking, I did ask for people to be kind.  That, in a nutshell, was stupid. 

Yes, I am surprised ~ in the past when we conversed on the handbag forum you were always one of the nice ones.  I'm done here.  In the spirit of moving on and reinvention I'm well, moving on.  Thanks for the well-wishes, though.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 Again, wishing you well... And once again, for the record, I did not call you self centered, I said it sounded like there was enough 'self centered' to go around with regard to this incident... There is a difference... We all behave as self centered at times, that doesn't necessarilly mean we are essentially self centered people... Clearly, this event hurt you. It might have rankled me as well, but not, it seems, as deeply... Yes, it's best to move on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

be glad you didn't go as reunions are all boring, not many people stay that close to high school friends- but your whole story to me raises a big red flag that your relationship might be in trouble and he used the reunion as an excuse for something else- remember he is a man and they are basically stupid, just pay attention to your relationship and protect yourself, it will all be known eventually if there is an issue- but seriously i doubt you missed anything

WHAT????

OMG!!

For once I'm speechless!

I'm with you.  Wow!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  Yeah, I'd just have gone too!  Now I know why you remind me of me sometimes.

I don't even know what to say to the OP.  Nothing good about the situation leaps to mind.  I am sorry it happened and hope you can get things ironed out and feel ok about it. 

Every reunion I have been invited to, or heard of sends the invites out months in advance.  If you are going, you send the response back with your head count and payment.

Apparently, the response was sent back for one and only payment for one was sent.  This guy knew months ahead that his wife was not going, but it seems he did not share the news with her until the last minute and he came up with a lame excuse that she had to stay home with the dogs.

There was no way way she could " just go"

Her DH is sneaky and underhanded.  That would concern me. The red warning flag has been raised.

If it were me, I would confront him about it.  His wife deserves the true explanation, even if he just wanted to hang out with his buddies, with no wives around.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 - I didn't get to read your original post, but I read the thread. Could it be you have different personalities? We have been to a few high school, college, and DH's veterinary school reunions. Let me tell you about two of mine and two of DH's.

First he is an introvert, and I'm an extrovert. I took him to my 10th. It wasn't close, so we stayed with my mom. He sat at the round table all night next to my high school best friend's husband and talked to only him. He didn't leave his seat. My friend and I were social butterflies, going around the room, and seeing our former classmates. When the next one came around, my friend and I went by OURSELVES, leaving the guys home to watch TV! I was pregnant then. We went to an all-night Denny's after that and talked for hours. They went to bed. A lot of our classmates ended up at that Denny's too - it was so much fun! For the next reunion, my best friend said why don't we just come down for the weekend, skip the reunion, and do something else. So we did - we had a great time! 

I had a small graduating class, but his was less than 100. The first time we went to his hs reunion, and of course I didn't know a soul, to be honest you would think I was the one who graduated! I just introduced myself to as many people as I could and talked to quite a few. He found a few of his best friends, and sat with them all night - at the same table, without leaving. His veterinary school reunion was different. They were/are a tight group, and he did socialize a lot. We all stayed in a hotel because there were a lot of activities. When it came time to call another room to see about meeting for drinks, etc. he wanted ME to call. I told him these are your friends, and you need to call them!

From a few things you said in the thread it sounds like you're making a difference in your life. Good for you! I don't think you overreacted. Maybe you could talk to your DH and tell him you'd like to go next time because you want to meet the people he once cared about. He might realize how important it is to you then. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I decided to delete this thread because I felt it was going in the wrong direction.  I'm sorry to have wasted all of your time but do appreciate the insight so many of your provided.

@Julie928

Too bad you didn’t get the answers you were hoping for.  We all do have different opinions.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Wasn't it the "Three Little Kittens" story that had a verse that said, and I quote:

"When they were good they were very very good, but when they were bad, they were horrid."  I just read a few replies.  What a vast space between when people want to be helpful and when they don't.  

Trusted Contributor

When I read posts like this, it makes me thankful that I am single.

@Julie928, I hope you told him how disappointed you were with his mindless decision.  Then I would go out with his credit card and enjoy a decadent day of shopping and a nice spa treatment and massage  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Julie928....................I did not get to read your original post.  But I did read most of the replies.

In my mind I would have been very suspicious, angry and hurt.  There are most likely other things in your marriage that are giving you suspicions, may not be big or important things but they are there.  IMO you need to look and dig deep in your mind and heart about what you want to do about your marriage.  Good luck and God bless you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)