humpty dumpty.jpg

I hope all my forum friends do, too!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Humpty Dumpty had a great 🍂 🍁!

Ha -  cute  !!   Hope everyone has an awesome *fall*  LOL  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the Fall smile and chuckle, Humpty looks good and happy.

Hope you have a lovely Fall as well.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat Absolutely adorable!  Thanks!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Sooo sweet! Right back at you!🍁🎃🍂
Respected Contributor

• Thank you. It was one of my sons favorites. They would always say tell us that one again. I loved it to. Grandchildren liked it too.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought you meant fall at first. I have a mess in one bedroom-too much clothes all over-no place to put them. I fell over them this week-couldn't get up so I moved on my but to the door and finally managed to get up.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

At 81 years old, falling inside your home is a very serious problem!  

Ever since your husband died, you have admitted to buying and buying clothes that you don’t need, and that you don’t have closet or drawer storage for.    To admit that you have so many clothes in this bedroom it caused you to fall, is a sign that you have several problems.  

None of us reading your posts care how you spend your money, but we do have concerns about you being safe in your home, and what you’ve just said is another sign that you are not.   

Falls at home contribute to our elderly relatives losing their ability to live alone.  It happened to my grandmother; she was carried out on a stretcher, and never returned.   Her last 10 months were spent in a personal care home.  

I have a mom with dementia I am watching closely to insure she is living safely in her home.   One serious incident and she will be moved out of the house.   If I were your daughter, I would be in your house checking out your situation right now!   

Please be safe!

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@halfpint1,

At 81 years old, falling inside your home is a very serious problem!  

Ever since your husband died, you have admitted to buying and buying clothes that you don’t need, and that you don’t have closet or drawer storage for.    To admit that you have so many clothes in this bedroom it caused you to fall, is a sign that you have several problems.  

None of us reading your posts care how you spend your money, but we do have concerns about you being safe in your home, and what you’ve just said is another sign that you are not.   

Falls at home contribute to our elderly relatives losing their ability to live alone.  It happened to my grandmother; she was carried out on a stretcher, and never returned.   Her last 10 months were spent in a personal care home.  

I have a mom with dementia I am watching closely to insure she is living safely in her home.   One serious incident and she will be moved out of the house.   If I were your daughter, I would be in your house checking out your situation right now!   

Please be safe!

@RedTop 

I fear that with her worsening forgetfulness, she may have slipped in to becoming a hoarder.

I see her constant buying of clothes as a way to try to fill the emptiness that was created when her husband died.

It is also a fire hazard.

Imagine if the fire department had to show up because she fell, (they do lift rescues) would they have an easy time walking through her home?

If halfpint is anything like my dad, she is too "proud" (stubborn, actually) to use a Life Alert pendant, walker or cane.

I bought my dad a four footed cane, which he would rarely use.

Why?

Because according to him, "Canes were for old people!"

They made him feel old.

I also bought him a walker.

One like this.

Hugo Elite Rollator Walker with Seat, Backrest and Saddle Bag, Blue

Again, he never used it.

He wore his Life Alert pendant, and even though there were times that he did fall, did he ever press the button?

No.

Why?

Because even though like halfpint described, he would scoot on his butt until he got to a wall, or door, then he would pull himself up, to him, it wasn't an "emergency", and he would tell me later, "I got myself up."

I get the feeling that halfpint is exactly like my dad in that aspect.

Too proud/stubborn to use the tools that are there to help them.

At least I was actively involved in my dad's daily life.

With halfpint, I don't know how often Bob visits her.

What if she were to fall because of all the clothes that she has, break a hip, and she had to lay there for days until her son showed up?

If that were to happen, she would have no choice but to be placed in a nursing facility, and they (the doctors, social services, etc) might deem her place as too unsafe for her to live in, and she might never be allowed to return home.

I don't think that she understands that, whether by choice (denial) or otherwise.

We all worry about her, myself included, but from what I read from her posts, if I may be blunt, in my opinion, she is getting worse with her memory loss.

I only hope that her son would let us know via a post on these forums, if anything serious were to happen to her.

Halfpint did say that her son reads these boards, but who knows?

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this so long, and you are very kind to be so caring and honest with Halfpint, @RedTop .

I just hope that something is done to help her before it's too late.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I just tripped over some clothes that fell on the floor--soft landing. Hard to get up for nothing to hang on to. Thanks for caring.