Esteemed Contributor

Hummingbirds are back in Chicago burbs.💗

Just to let you hummingbird lovers...they're back!  I was in St. Louis for Mother's Day and DH called me with the news.  Yayy. So glad I got my feeder out last week. It's goi g down to high 30's - low 40's here tonight. They'll probably go into torpor with that rotten temp.😞

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: Hummingbirds are back in Chicago burbs.💗

@MoJoV  I'm up in the northern burbs and put out my feeders on Sunday.   We also put out our Oriole feeder and my husband saw one yesterday morning.   We've been feeding ducks (we have wetlands in front and back of my house) for about 6 weeks and the regular bird feeders, thistle feeder and suet feeders are out year 'round.  

Let us know if YOU see one!

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 Yes I've seen them at the feeder.  And I have a trio of Mallards I feed too. 2 hens and a drake that are always hanging out in my backyard.  My dogs chase them but they come back.  I feed them,too. We love birds!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I love hummingbirds. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I'm in East TN and saw my first hummingbird 3 or 4 weeks ago.  It was hovering around where I usually hang a feeder.  I hurried and made the sugar water and put two feeders up.  I've seen at least one hummingbird ever since.  Usually I see them for about a week in may and they leave again until July and then stay through the end of September or first of October.

I think they're staying this year because we're averaging 10 degrees above normal for this time of year.  I'm so glad they're here earlier this year.  I love watching them, and so does my indoor cat.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1  I live near Buffalo, NY and have had the Orioles for about 2 weeks and two little Hummingbirds for about one week.   It's been a cold and damp spring.  I sure feel bad for the little hummers.  My feeders are up, and I enjoy watching the birds eating at them.