Super Contributor

Re: Huge Black Flying "Something"

Wonder if I leave the window open tonight if it would fly out?

Trusted Contributor

omg! i'd be scared to death  lol i'd be so paranoid looking everywhere. dont mean to scare you. i have a bee in my apt and i have to find it and kill it.. good luck. yes i;d try to leave window open.. let us know what happened please,

Honored Contributor

@on the bay @ wrote

a bat?😬 

Heart

Honored Contributor

@seaswirl wrote:

Wonder if I leave the window open tonight if it would fly out?

Or more might fly IN!  Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:
@on the bay @ wrote

a bat?😬 

Heart

Awww, so cute!

Trusted Contributor

@seaswirl  A bat.  We had one in our house once when I was 15yrs. old.  I didn't have the window screen all the way up on the window, it was a two piece screen for the top and bottom of the window.  I heard something hit the screen and fly in our bedroom.  I woke my sister up to tell her there was a bat in our bedroom and she told me I was dreaming.  i said OK, but before you turn the light on let me cover my head.  when my sister turned the light on al I heard was the scream heard round the world and our Irish Setter, Casey was leaping through the air trying to get the bat.  Our mom came to the rescue and opened the window up and the bat flew back out.  I know they eat bugs, but they give me the creeps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where are you located?  Here in AZ, we have Palo Verde Root Borer Beetles that are huge.  When I moved here 15 yrs ago, it was the first weird critter I encountered & I was like, "What in the holy h*ll is that?"

They look like this:

Do Palo Verde beetles mean the Arizona monsoon is going to start soon?

Esteemed Contributor

Well, the good news is if  it's a bat, then it isn't going to attack you. Most bats eat bugs, and flying insects like mosquitoes. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnie f wrote:

omg! i'd be scared to death  lol i'd be so paranoid looking everywhere. dont mean to scare you. i have a bee in my apt and i have to find it and kill it.. good luck. yes i;d try to leave window open.. let us know what happened please,

@bonnie f 

Please don't kill the bee. Their population has declined, and we need every bee possible. Just let land on a piece of paper, put a glass over it and take it outside. That's what I have done when a bee has flown into my house, and I've never been stung doing it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

@bonnie f 

Please don't kill the bee. Their population has declined, and we need every bee possible. Just let land on a piece of paper, put a glass over it and take it outside. That's what I have done when a new has flown into my house, and I've never been stung doing it.

@Anonymous032819 

@bonnie f 

Un'ape influencer su Instagram per salvare il mondo - Casa del Sole

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~