Honored Contributor

Re: How to sign a Communion Card

[ Edited ]

Yes, I received many cards for my first communion.  Most had a few dollars tucked in as well.

It is fine to write "God bless" above your signature.  The same God blesses us all.

Pearl earrings are a beautiful choice.  She will treasure them.

Honored Contributor

Christians and Jews worship the same God.  Yes, God Bless is appropriate.  Or just sign your name since the card must have a communion message.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox @That's what I always write. I like the pearl earring idea. I have one coming up soon! You gave me a great idea! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Lovely sentiment and how thoughtful to get her pearl earrings!

She will be thrilled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox. Absolutely perfect to sign the card that way.  So kind of you to remember her.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Is this something new?  I didn't get any cards for my Holy Communion.  I think I was in eitiher 2nd or 3rd grade.

One of my aunts from down south came to my Holy Communion.  I don't remember my parents at all being there.

I made my First Communion in 1957. I don't remember any presents. But times change and a card and pearl earrings that the OP is giving is very thoughtful. I am sure her neighbor will love and cherish the card and the earrings. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I made my First Communion in 1957. I don't remember any presents. But times change and a card and pearl earrings that the OP is giving is very thoughtful. I am sure her neighbor will love and cherish the card and the earrings. 

@50Mickey  Mine was in 1956.  I called my 99 yr old mother about my Holy Communion.  My parents didn't go to mine nor my brothers Holy Communions.  When I asked why not, her response was why should we, your father & I are not Catholics?   

According to my mother, my aunt just happened to be visiting at the time of my Confirmation not the HC.  She attended to be nosey.

I asked my Catholic neighbor, they also received no card or presents for HC.

Yea, times have really changed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox So very thoughtful of you to acknowledge this momentous occasion for the young girl. Yes, I would probably sign the card "May God bless you on your special day and always". 

Respected Contributor

I am fairly certain First Communion was celebrated in late '50's.  In Europe it was very special occasion in my family where relatives invited and small gifts given.  

Someone mentioned their parents not going to their first communion.  This saddens me, and I can't imagine taking this special step without family or how it came about.

Valued Contributor

Best Wishes

God bless-