Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to quickly get guest ready?

i don't like people staying in my house....unless it's my children and grandchildren......

Honored Contributor

Right now, we are not entertaining.  Otherwise, not usually an issue because we have two guest rooms ready to go. 

Respected Contributor

@nana59 Why? Why does every question asked have to lead to a comment about vaccinations? We have all been living with this for a couple of years & we all know what is going on.

I am not griping at you, well a little bit :}, but I am so tired of it!

I was just striking up conversation about having a guest & what goes into getting things ready. Not like I don't know about cleaning.

I just thought it would be fun to see how involved some get & if some are more "take it or leave it".

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

@nana59 Why? Why does every question asked have to lead to a comment about vaccinations? We have all been living with this for a couple of years & we all know what is going on.

I was just striking up conversation about having a guest & what goes into getting things ready. Not like I don't know about cleaning.

I just thought it would be fun to see how involved some get & if some are more "take it or leave it".

there are a lot of people who are not vaccinated....just listen to the news!  no need to be snarky.....

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I turned my 2 extra bedrooms into a tv room and the other an office / music room mostly to discourage  that from happening since we had some friends who started to make it a regular thing .... "vacationing" at our place on our dime. 😕We then turned part of our barn into a little apartment setup so when family visits we can accommodate them comfortably. So thankful for the space to accomplish this as it has taken a whole lot of stress away.👏👍

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 

Really?  

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

there are a lot of people who are not vaccinated....just listen to the news!  no need to be snarky.....

Just because a person is vaccinated doesn't mean that they are no longer a carrier.....

Respected Contributor

@nana59 I really wasn't trying to be snarky. We all know all of this. You can't get away from the constantly repeated reminders no matter how much you try. 

It's like every January, every "news" show does "New Year, New You" diet & excercise tips. Dude! It is 2022. If people want to know about diet & excercise that information is coming at you all of time! 

It is not news.

I just have Covid/vaccination fatigue & you stepped into it.

Sorry.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn Really? How to get guest ready?

Or "REALLY". You're loving husband of 42 years sprang this on you last night & then got up & left for work like he is going to come home tonight with me waiting wrapped only in Saran Wrap to greet him!?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, if my house is clean enough for us, its clean enough for a guest.  I'd clean the bathrooms.  We aren't clutter people so our living and dining area are always guest ready.  I'd put fresh sheets on the guest bed, lay out some towels, make sure there's room in the closet and that would be that, hubby would have to have a darn good reason for springing a surprise houseguest on me.