Respected Contributor

Re: How to quickly get guest ready?

@PA Mom-mom That sounds fun!

We don't do guests. Never had a reason to & then out of the blue he says he invited Phil to stay overnight.

Now, my house is clean & straightened up, but you know how clean & overnight guest clean aren't always the same.

I would reckon those band members were used to accepting what they got & were happy to have it. You are wonderful to do that for them!

Respected Contributor

@Venezia Right?! No big deal. Drops the info, goes to bed, goes to work today...I told him to get the spare room "guest ready" this evening. 

Not showing much enthusiasm. 

Miffed cause I wasn't more excited about having the guest.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom That sounds fun!

We don't do guests. Never had a reason to & then out of the blue he says he invited Phil to stay overnight.

Now, my house is clean & straightened up, but you know how clean & overnight guest clean aren't always the same.

I would reckon those band members were used to accepting what they got & were happy to have it. You are wonderful to do that for them!

@Dusty1 I sure know what your are talking about! Those band members were happy to have food and a roof over their heads. During Hurricaine Sandy, my DH suddenly told me we were having his parents over because we had just had our electricity restored after 4 days. There were leaves in my family room!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is not an issue for me now or the last 2 years. No one has stayed in my house except my kids and granddaughters. I even have my monthly cleaning crew masked, wearing gloves and paper shoe covers.

I'm thinking of stopping that service with Covid numbers so high. I haven't even had my "bug man" do his spraying inside. I don't know who is vaxxed, boostered, etc. The same with a guest sleeping over.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@nana59 

Really?  

hckynut 

YUP!!

Trusted Contributor

We don't have overnight guests - we very rarely even have guests! Husband and I are on the fast-track to Hermitville. We enjoy our privacy and our dogs.