Honored Contributor

How’s the turkey situation near you?

[ Edited ]

I'll be trying to order turkey, probably Monday. I'll be ordering via Instacart with Publix. I want Butterball Fully Cooked Oven Baked.

In your neck of the woods, how is the supply of turkey? Does anyone know how it is in S. Florida at Publix? 

Did anyone get one of the Fully Cooked Butterballs I mentioned? 2CF4965D-E921-4B73-84BB-F3D41F54356D.pngI can't call the store to find out because I don't know which store Instacart uses when they deliver to me. I'm going to try to find out though.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How’s the turkey situation near you?

I live in Arizona. I got a Butterball last week. No problem. We usually a Norbest but they didn't seem available this year so I had to get a Butterball. Our other choices were Jenny O, or some store brand. 

Respected Contributor

Our guests are bringing the turkey but I have been to all the markets in my area and the cases are overflowing with turkeys (Tucson, AZ)

Esteemed Contributor

They don't sell Butterball fully cooked turkeys here. I did go in Wal Mart and Kroger last week, and the cases that hold turkeys weren't near as full as they use to be, and I had to buy a huge turkey. It over14 lbs, that was the smallest one I could find.

Honored Contributor

Unbelieveablely, several years I got a Butter ball turkey because oif their reputation.  Butter was everywhere and the flavor was off (to me).  I never did Butterball again.

Our store brand is raised hormone free and is broad breasted.  I put the amount of fresh butter I want and it does very well.

The case was full to overflowing a day ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Was in a local Aldis and they were going out fast and furious.  I don't eat meat so I watched all the fun happen.  Who would need three turkeys???

Respected Contributor

I searched five stores yesterday, no frozen natural turkey breasts.

Esteemed Contributor

Buying 3 - could be a donation program.  A church in my area gave out 150 turkeys to a low income project today. 

Some wonderful people out there.

Honored Contributor

If you want a fat juicy FRESH "wild" turkey, come on down to my neck of the woods.  Every morning they wake me up like clockwork.  I live in a 20 story highrise on the 17th floor. icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My family found a small Butterball last week.