Honored Contributor

Older than pantyhose and Barbie!

Respected Contributor

Betsy wetsy, tinker toys and Howdy doody old.

Valued Contributor

I’m handkerchief old. 

I love reading these answers. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for gregg shorthand brief forms

(Samples of shorthand)

I'm old enough to know better ... but  Smiley Wink

I'm old enough to have learned Gregg shorthand in high school where my best friend and I traded highest scores in weekly tests.  Shorthand served me well in my first job as a clerk stenographer for the state government.  I still use shorthand on occasion when attending some committee meetings.  It's been a life long skill.  Smiley Happy 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Re: How old are you?

[ Edited ]

Oh, geez! Watched Mr. Moon (kids TV show in Portland, OR), won a Ginny doll in a coloring contest, went to Disneyland in Ahaheim when it first opend, and remember our first stereo record player and one of my dad's first stereo albums,  the music from Peter Gun. Also old enough to have had to wear a dress to dinner in my college dorm, tho only the first year. Thankfully, the PTB stopped that by my sophomore year. 

Also, old enough to have driven my parents batty by playing (and singing) "We are Siamese if you please! from Disney's  Lady and the Tramp. 

Thanks, @house_cat , for a great itopic. I just dropped by the Forums after picking up a couple of Wish List things (free shipping day, hooray!) and found your post. Read all the replies so far. No watch QVC today but will check back on this post tonight to see more. Such fun!

Honored Contributor

Fossil.

Honored Contributor

Parachute pants, shoulder pads, HAIR bands & Members Only jacket old.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

i am old enough to have loved this game growing up.

mystery date.png

also old enough to have enjoyed listening to music on this.....

8 track tape.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember President Eisenhower's picture hanging in classrooms at school, telephones had party lines (2 families sharing same number), and the black & white test patterns on TV when they signed off at night (I was a difficult sleeper so I sat up with my Dad until I fell asleep!).

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Image result for gregg shorthand brief forms

(Samples of shorthand)

I'm old enough to know better ... but  Smiley Wink

I'm old enough to have learned Gregg shorthand in high school where my best friend and I traded highest scores in weekly tests.  Shorthand served me well in my first job as a clerk stenographer for the state government.  I still use shorthand on occasion when attending some committee meetings.  It's been a life long skill.  Smiley Happy 

@AnikaBrodie 

OMG!  I learned Gregg shorthand too but never used it after that and have forgotten it.  This brings back so many memories in class especially when my friend would copy mine and not know what she had written!  LOL!