Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you buy yourself fresh flowers?

I'm two days late but sending positive thoughts your way, @aroc3435  And some flowers, too.  🌼🌻🌷💐

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never purchased flowers for myself, I don't know why. I think fresh flowers in a home look beautiful . Now I do bring in roses from my garden and place them in a vase. 

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach   and @Drythe   Truly appreciate it.  Thanks to you both.  Hope your day is going well.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A dear friend owns a lovely large florist shoppe and always has gorgeous fresh flowers, so I get a delivery 2X a week, and every Saturday.

My favorites are red, yellow, white, and salmon colored roses, large groupings of peonies in various colors, various colors of hyrangea bouquets, various tiger lillies, lillies of the valley, bunches of violets, magnolias, and orchid plants.

Fresh flowers are placed in all rooms as we love them, and they make us and guests quite happy.

Fresh flowers are God's special gifts to be admired, and enjoyed often, and yes they are a luxury and an expense but most definitely worth it if you are in an area and cannot grow your own.

Frequent Contributor

Yes I do buy flowers for our home.  My favorite is Tulips. In my opinion they brighten up the house.

RubyNoel
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hubby has Alzheimers and he very seldom bought me flowers anyway and now I don't get out enough to buy them for myself.  I am just thankful that my son works from home and helps me out a lot. Come Spring I will be getting fresh flowers for mself more often.

Honored Contributor

@divagirl101 wrote:

Hubby has Alzheimers and he very seldom bought me flowers anyway and now I don't get out enough to buy them for myself.  I am just thankful that my son works from home and helps me out a lot. Come Spring I will be getting fresh flowers for mself more often.

@divagirl101 

The job of the caretaker is the most difficult job on Earth.

Here are a few flowers for you until you can buy yourself some real ones!   💐 🌷 🌹 🥀 🌺 🌸 🌼 🌻

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't buy fresh flowers although I like looking at them. I more apt to buy a blooming plant that flowers and then put the bulbs in the yard afterwards. Daffodils, for example. I see them at TJ for a very low price and then next to them are the pots w/bulbs. I do enjoy cutting flowers from my garden and I would enjoy my blooming orchids (though they have not received the memo yet)

Honored Contributor

Never in my life.  And to be honest, I'd rather look at whatever I have outside (currently iris) still in the ground.  Cutting seems like a death sentence.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@house_cat   Not as often as I should.  They really do brighten up the home on dreary days, especially during the winter.

Feeling somewhat down today--working on a personal problem and need some prayers.  If I resolve final issues today things will be looking up again!

Best,

aroc34 

Sending prayers.  Hoping things went well for you.