Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you buy yourself fresh flowers?

I don't. But l'll occasionally buy an artificial arrangement. I like the fact that they last, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't buy flowers.  The closest, not flowers, though, are poinsettias that last from November to March.  

I cut flowers from the garden in the Spring and Summer.  Dry the peonies, hydrangeas, and roses before they start dropping their petals for arrangements in vases. 

Oh my, I bet you have a beautiful flower garden in sping and summer....Sounds so pretty, thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

Never.  The smell from flowers triggers my migraines.  I had to ask my husband to stop buying them for me many years ago.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love to have fresh flowers in the house.  When I have none to cut, I buy them (for about $5) every 2-3 at the grocery store.

Peruvian Lilies/Alstromeria last for weeks.

Honored Contributor

I never buy them!  I always look though!

You reminded me of how pretty they are at Sam's Club.  I was surprised to see you can order stems for a wedding as well!  They have wedding collections!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a house that always had fresh flowers in several rooms.  In summer I pick peonies and hydrangeas out of yard.  I don't have a lot of sun so mainly pick up flowers at Costco or Trader Joe's the rest of the time.  I would say I buy them three times a month.  

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of fresh, cut flowers. They depress me when, all too quickly, they wither. I love flowers in the yard, though.

Respected Contributor

St Aldi today saw two people buying fresh cut flowers. Never do it for self but nice idea to add smile to day.
Esteemed Contributor

allergic to cut flowers - waaa waaa

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@house_cat   Not as often as I should.  They really do brighten up the home on dreary days, especially during the winter.

Feeling somewhat down today--working on a personal problem and need some prayers.  If I resolve final issues today things will be looking up again!

Best,

aroc34 

These are for you @aroc3435 

download.jpeg

I haven't read all the responses yet. 

I hope you're feeling better.

~ house cat ~