Honored Contributor

Re: How many of you have a 'best friend'?

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't understand the concept of a husband being someone's best friend, or one's mother either.  To me, that diminishes the relationship of a spouse or mother.  Those are in a class that far exceeds a friendship.  For me anway.

I agree @chrystaltree .  They are 2 completely different things.

Esteemed Contributor

ME !

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover 

@MorningLover wrote:

My dog was mine, until she died two years ago. Smiley Sad I'm my own best friend now. Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Broke my heart to hear your dog passing.  IT A my dog is my BF.  I was thinking human when I posed me.

Super Contributor

I really don't have a best friend.  My circle of friends is small and I prefer it that way...I used to be very needy with friends and had a hard time going somewhere by myself and I had to get over that real fast... Now I enjoy going out shopping/etc. all alone and making it my day and not have to talk if I don't want to...I will have lunch with a friend or meet for an early dinner but that's as far as it goes.  My husband of 33 years walked out on a marriage and I had a hard time being myself for a long time... Now I feel good about myself and became much stronger and maybe that's why I am good alone...

Honored Contributor

I have two local best friends and they don't speak to each other.  I have to be very careful.  My longest best friend lives miles away and we communicate by email.  I've known her since the '70's.