Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

After not buying a single item of clothing from any source for just over 12 months, I finally walked into a local store.  I did find a few items to bring home, but the only “new” I noticed was that finally I saw a few tops and blouses with classically even hems.  Nothing much else new unless you count some prices going over $100 in a chain not noted for that.

I have also walked into our largest local mall and did find a NYDJ blouse at a good sale price, but I doubt I will buy any other clothing for the rest of 2021.  Can’t imagine a single activity I will be doing for which I need or want more clothes or jewelry.

Most important observation— even in the stores surviving in the mall, there is nowhere near the amount of inventory once available.

@millieshops   I noticed shopping in some stores, the dressing rooms are closed. That means charging up a lot of items in different sizes, "iffys", etc. to try on at home and then trek back to make returns. Online has a lot more inventory....

@Shanus    I carry a tiny tape measure in my bag and measure garments just like I use measurements when I shop on QVC.  As with Q clothing, you don't know how it will look on you, but at least it helps with the fit. 

@Kachina624 , LOL!

I do the same thing!

I have a very small tape measure that I keep in a zip pocket in my purse, although it has a key ring to hang on your key ring, but I hate 'junky' key rings.

The biggest issue I have with not being able to try on in store, is the rise in pants/jeans/shorts.

I hate having to drive back to the store to return and look for something else.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

After not buying a single item of clothing from any source for just over 12 months, I finally walked into a local store.  I did find a few items to bring home, but the only “new” I noticed was that finally I saw a few tops and blouses with classically even hems.  Nothing much else new unless you count some prices going over $100 in a chain not noted for that.

I have also walked into our largest local mall and did find a NYDJ blouse at a good sale price, but I doubt I will buy any other clothing for the rest of 2021.  Can’t imagine a single activity I will be doing for which I need or want more clothes or jewelry.

Most important observation— even in the stores surviving in the mall, there is nowhere near the amount of inventory once available.

@millieshops   I noticed shopping in some stores, the dressing rooms are closed. That means charging up a lot of items in different sizes, "iffys", etc. to try on at home and then trek back to make returns. Online has a lot more inventory....

@Shanus    I carry a tiny tape measure in my bag and measure garments just like I use measurements when I shop on QVC.  As with Q clothing, you don't know how it will look on you, but at least it helps with the fit. 

@Kachina624 , LOL!

I do the same thing!

I have a very small tape measure that I keep in a zip pocket in my purse, although it has a key ring to hang on your key ring, but I hate 'junky' key rings.

The biggest issue I have with not being able to try on in store, is the rise in pants/jeans/shorts.

I hate having to drive back to the store to return and look for something else.

I do that too @KingstonsMom @Kachina624 !

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

I am referring to attitudes by Renee.It seems many times those dresses come up.

@bewise,

I had a feeling you were referring to these and I don't even watch that much QVC any more!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"