Trusted Contributor

Myself from a very long time. I recall when I first stepped into thic country, I was fascinated to use the telephone, watch the tele and ordering stuff that I fancied.

I recall back then, QVC had a different name, CVN I think and I first bought my first hand purse from CVN.

I also recall, a fabulous lady called Miss Kathy Levine, very nice sales reprensentative.

The year I purchased from QVC (CVN) was somewhere early 90's.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

My cable system showed QVC from the beginning, I never saw CVN.  At first we all laughed at it, thinking it was hokey, and some of the products were weird, but my first purchase was a gold herringbone bracelet, and I was hooked. Kathy was fun and I swear she could sell anything. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The first thing I ordered was a 8 track tape  rewinder ......so THAT long ago😄

Respected Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Myself from a very long time. I recall when I first stepped into thic country, I was fascinated to use the telephone, watch the tele and ordering stuff that I fancied.

I recall back then, QVC had a different name, CVN I think and I first bought my first hand purse from CVN.

I also recall, a fabulous lady called Miss Kathy Levine, very nice sales reprensentative.

The year I purchased from QVC (CVN) was somewhere early 90's.

Like you I go way back to the CVN days. I remember watching Mary Beth when she was on CVN.  Don't remember what my first purchase was. Another host I recall from CVN was a very spirited guy named Tony Mann. (think that was his name) Anyone else remember him?

Respected Contributor

i seem to remember my first purchase being a big sterling and garnet cocktail ring. 

Honored Contributor

Re: How long in QVC

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The first thing I ordered was a 8 track tape  rewinder ......so THAT long ago😄

-------

I got a VHS tape rewinder that looked like a 1957 Chevy from QVC.

Respected Contributor

And I do remember some weird things the Q sold back in the day.  Do you remember that pooping moose candy dispenser?  I still laugh about that one!

Respected Contributor

I ordered a sterling silver heart pin.  I think it was 1986. In the beginning I ordered alot of sterling jewelry.  I bet most of us can recall the first item we ordered?

Those hideous doll lamps that Kathy had to hawk! I also enjoyed Eve Rocher skin care and got me into nicer cleansers and toners

Kathy talked about how not only did she host shows but helped to pack and mail. Can one imagine? 

Esteemed Contributor

Aww, I liked Kathy Levine also. I think my first purchase was a diamonique ring. 

Honored Contributor

I'm with happycat01.  First purchase in 1996 was a Diamonique ring with Kathy Levine.  By the way, she was selling Nutri-System on HSN last week. She said the food was better, not so much salt.