Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 8.32.52 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you show your love?

I use both.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both....

I'm a Gemini...."Double your pleasure, double the fun."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a family in which actions spoke louder than words. I had a very loving mom and dad, but neither of them said, "I love you" very often.

I married a man who says it often and needs to hear it just as often.  We had a lot of misunderstandings early on, because our love languages were different.  Over the years, I've learned to be more verbal in expressing my feelings and he's learned to interpret my actions as loving ones.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

The other day I heard someone say that rather than treat people as you wish to be treated, treat them as they want to be treated.  I pay attention to my loved ones and I try to give them the attention they need.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I grew up in a loving home shown more by actions than words.  I consider myself the same and show my love through kind generous acts, staying close to those in my life who mean a lot, being there for family and friends in good and bad times.  While I love you's were not often said in my home, I was always secure in knowing I was loved.

Honored Contributor

It's always nice to say and hear the words " I love you" but those words need to be backed up by your actions.

Many people tell their children and partners that they love them..then physically and verbally abuse them.

Actions speak louder than words.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The other day I heard someone say that rather than treat people as you wish to be treated, treat them as they want to be treated.  I pay attention to my loved ones and I try to give them the attention they need.🌺

@QVCkitty1 -Such a good view to think of!

I know one daughter likes love in action and service though she is also very good at giving both verbal and action and I know she appreciates words too.

I do both but I think verbal is most important to me. This seems strange but sometimes the effort people may put into showing they love you just makes me tired and I feel bad that they went to so much trouble because its not what I like to do. Even if they enjoy doing it!

Though I'll do anything above and beyond for those I love.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Both....

Esteemed Contributor

Both.