Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel when someone copies you

It would be interesting to know if the people who don't like to be copied are only children. I find it to be the highest form of flattery and I'm one of 5 and the oldest of 3 girls. We had to share every thing.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

It would be interesting to know if the people who don't like to be copied are only children. I find it to be the highest form of flattery and I'm one of 5 and the oldest of 3 girls. We had to share every thing.

@blackhole99- LOL!  I'm one of 9 and I'm one who doesn't like to be copied.  We also had to share everything, but we still all managed to maintain our own style and personaliies. So, nope, not an only child.  There goes that theory.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

With all the things spinning in my orbit, someone copying my style wouldn't even be on my radar.  They'd have to come up to me, poke me and show me what they copied.   But that's just me.   Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I'm not an only, had a brother and sister. We didn't have to share; it was our choice to do as we wished with our things. My parents thought it important that we respect what belonged to others. 

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 Im actually one of five kids myself. I have a lot of sisters, had lots of friends and we DO know how to share but we are not children anymore therefore, we respect boundaries and exercise the unspoken etiquette that adults should learn by now.   

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I know how you feel. Im so sorry about your engagement ring because THAT is very special and to have someone take that away is hurtful. I feel like so called "friends" who do that kind of stuff are not really your true friends. Theyre just wanna know what they can get out of you and how it benefits them. Im sorry but thats how I see it. True friends know that if its something sacred and personal to someone they woudnt get the same exact thing for themselves because it holds a different meaning to someone which is special. I know that someone mentioned here that I sound like the world revolves around me and that people follow stars all the time so its no big deal. Well, I'd like to inform you that for a lot of 'stars' and celebrities they NEED an audience and fans, they need sales and promote stuff exactly for that reason. They wear designer attire because designers need sales. Sales = money. more money more fame. And Im sure it bugs them too when people copy them about their own personal style but im sure they know thats what being a celebrity is all about. There are so many so many women out there who get surgeries just to look like a certain celebrity. I mean its nuts. Its as if they're not happy with themselves. That is a whole other deep psychological issue.  

@mintedrose

Thank you for your kind words.  Yeah, that was really messed up to be sure.  Needless to say, our so called friendship ended shortly thereafter.  It was very hurtful and I was well and truly better off to be rid of all of that!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99, I am one of 10 children.  I have 4 sisters, 5 brothers.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister is 5 years older than I am and has great style and taste in everything, which I think rubbed off on me.  When we were young, my mother used to dress us in identical dresses and we hated it.

When we were living together after college, my sister used to go out and buy the same clothes that I had.  We would meet for lunch and she'd have on a suit I had bought recently, sometimes in the same color, sometimes a different color.

She also just used to steal my stuff, like a lipstick or eyeshadow or my favorite earrings.  Like I wouldn't notice they were gone???  The earrings were the first thing I ever bought with my first real paycheck.  I bought them from the jewelry store in the hotel I worked in.  I started joking that she had to be patted down before she could leave my house.

I don't know what that is all about.  I don't know how I feel about it.  I go back and forth between being annoyed and not really caring.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

So the earring thing was almost 40 years ago and I am apparently not over it yet.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99- LOL!  I'm one of 9 and I'm one who doesn't like to be copied.  We also had to share everything, but we still all managed to maintain our own style and personaliies. So, nope, not an only child.  There goes that theory.  Woman LOL

@Venezianot so fast, we have to interview many or at least 100 women to test the theory.LOL