Honored Contributor

How do I address this envelope?

A neighbor has living with her, her grandaughter, the gd's husband and their 3 children.

So even though it seems like the grandmother is living with them, they are actually living with her.

I feel like I need to address the Christmas card to her, Mrs. Cindy Smith first and then the Jones as a family.

So would the envelope read:

Mrs. Cindy Smith and the Jones Family.....?

I don't want to address to 'Our neighbors at.....'.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I address this envelope?

Mrs Smith

The jones Family

134 whatever st.

Honored Contributor

I think you're exactly right in the way you're thinking you should address the envelope.  That's how I would do it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I would address it to the Jones family, and inside card put to cynthia, and each individual family member

Esteemed Contributor

I would address it to .... Mrs. Cindy Smith & Family ..OR... The Smith & Jones Families..... either way is appropriate!! 🎅🎄⛄️

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

i like how you addressed it in your post....

Mrs. Cindy Smith and the Jones Family

address

city, state, zip

the other thing you could do would be send two separate cards if you wanted to. one go Mrs. Cindy Smith

and one to Mr. and Mrs Jones and family.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

When I address a card to someone that is living with family I always put their name and then and family.  LIke Mrs. Jane Doe and Family.

Honored Contributor

I would address it to Mrs Smith and family.  Inside I'd list everyone's name.  That's actually how I wrote my Christmas cards.  Another option is to send two cards.  One to each family.

I debated on how to do it for my family.  My mother has the family name.  My sister is divorced and changed her name back to the family name.  Her two children have their fathers name.  If I called them all the family name, my fifteen year old niece would probably get upset.  I addressed the card to my mother and wrote everyone's name inside.  They all live with my mother.

Respected Contributor

If it's a situation where you don't know everyone's name but would see them occasionally, how about The Family, My Neighbors, My Friends, the Household at .........( address )?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

My sister's daughter and grand daughter were living with her before she passed.  I sent 2 cards to the same address - one to my sister and one to niece and daughter.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise