Respected Contributor

Re: How big is your Toilet Paper / Paper Towel Stockpile?

It is more than it used to be but not a lot.

Respected Contributor

Even before this all started, I've always bought Scott TP in a 36 roll size case from Costco dot com when they had it or from Amazon.  I have 3 cases, plus a partial case, so I think I'm set for TP for a looong time!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden It's so interesting to read how different the supply situation is everywhere.

As for me, I went grocery shopping yesterday.  The store was completely out of toilet paper.  Not one roll to be found.  There were a couple of rolls of paper towels available.  There were two cans of house-brand cranberry sauce left but fresh cranberries were available.  Also, not one package of juice boxes, a limited supply of frozen pizzas, no chicken stock or broth at all, and I got the last two cans of canned pumpkin.  Everything else was fully stocked.

I have about 24 rolls of TP on hand.  Based on what I encountered yesterday, I think I might look for a couple of extra packages to have on hand.  If the store supply improves, then I just won't buy any more for a couple of weeks.  I don't want to hoard, but I don't want to be without either.  

Super Contributor

I am a well stocked store!  People ask my daughter-in-law if she stocked up on anything and she tells them no, I'll just go to my mother-in-laws, she has everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

With only 2 in our home, the numbers you buy each month in your trip, that amount would last us about 4 months, at least. The United States Army field trips taught me how to get by with less actual TP.  Pretty simple actually.

I also don't believe in "hoarding" or the word others like to use, "stashing".

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

enough for a year or more !!   We don't think of it as hoarding or stashing !  It is preparedness .  We stock up on many , many food items as well like non perishable items.    Have Been doing this for years as a way of being prepared for anything.    My family members never have to worry they know where to come !

Honored Contributor

This area of southern WV took a really hard hit on paper products last year, and it took 8 months to get name brands back in stock on local shelves.   Some stores still have limits on purchase amounts.   

I haven't purchased toilet paper for months, but like everything else in this house, I try to maintain a certain level of stock at all times, and feel confident about always being prepared.