Honored Contributor

Re: How big is your Toilet Paper / Paper Towel Stockpile?

@x Hedge wrote:

I don't like to have fewer than 6 rolls on hand since I can't just go to the store whenever I want anymore.

I was under the impression the paper mills in this country were churning out paper products at the same steady rate, and they're distributed by both rail & truck .

Please correct me if I've missed news about paper mills in the U.S. not producing. Otherwise, if there's a shortage of this necessary item, it'll be artificially created by hoarders.

@x Hedge   I'm thinking the ships waiting to unload and lack of truck drivers may be an issue. I know many products are not available at my grocery stores.

Trusted Contributor

We're working through our stash of a year ago. Still have plenty as I still buy new, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Same as usual...when the large Costco package of Charmin is about 3/4 empty. I buy another package.  I recognize the shortage that is resulting in inflation, just refuse to live in fear.

@phoenixbrd It's not the shortage that causes inflation.  It's mostly the spending, extending credit lines, etc.  It happens regularly in the years and you can peg it as to why.  It is a function of economics.  

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have what I need----never could figure out what the toilet paper frenzy was about??? 

@wagirl It's about the Sears catalog.  Which they don't make any more.  And about poor people growing up in the depression when they didn't have money.

I think those of us raised by people who were poor and didn't always have things like toilet paper and food have a deep seated knowledge that things like that aren't a guarantee or a right and having a lot of toilet paper makes us less afraid.  So it's a good thing. 

Super Contributor

My Mom in NJ still cannot find coffee filters and it has been at least a month or maybe 6 weeks.

Respected Contributor

Unless some are buying it up and hoarding it, there should be no pumpkin shortage this year.  I live in Central Illinois and our state grows 15,900 acres of pumpkin.  I live near some of these acres and the pumpkin crop was fine this year.

Morton, Illinois is home to the Nestle Libby canning factory.  More than 82% of the canned pumpkin in the world is processed there.  

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

Plenty here in central Jersey. No restrictions on #s. Just got back from Shoprite with 2 12pks on sale. Cheaper than BJs wholesale.

Honored Contributor

I coupon and stockpile so haven't worried about either for a long time.  But I'm getting low on both so am watching for good deals.  I have a 4 - 6 month supply of both on-hand.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I buy one huge package of  TP( 30 rolls)and PT(12 rolls)) each trip to Costco( so about one of each a month.  

I have about 7 packs of TP and about 6 packages of PT. It is just DH and me.

Once this supply/ distribution shortage is over and things smooth out, I will not have to purchase TP or PT for a few years.

With approximately 210 rolls of toilet paper and 72 rolls of paper towels I think you could stop for a month or three and still not be in short supply for yourself.

Sorry, not sorry that's a bit much.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

My Mom in NJ still cannot find coffee filters and it has been at least a month or maybe 6 weeks.

@MildredM I know each area of the state is different but we just bought them this past week at Shoprite.  The whole area/rack was full.  We buy the cone shape but they had the basket type also.