Respected Contributor

How are Places of Worship Opening ??

I am wondering as this last Sunday it was sit in the car and listen on the radio as broadcast. Communion was brought to your car?  Live stream has been on going? Youth activities are resuming this month outside. They had deep cleaning done as well as outside yard work done last week

How are your Churches and Temples reopening?  Just curious? I am sure they are also needing offerings and donations as have been physically closed for months.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How are Places of Worship Opening ??

In my area they're not opening.They're doing zoom services.

Honored Contributor

Our small church in NC is opening next Sunday.  We have purchased disposable masks and gloves and antibacterial hand sanitizer.  There will be no socializing before or after service.  There will be no kids classes, they will sit with adults, the sermon will be shorter than usual.  We dont have pews, but chairs so distancing will be fairly easy.  Giving is always put in an envelope anyway.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

We're still having services online with Zoom small group Bible studies.  Last I heard they may try to open for church services in mid-June.

Respected Contributor

Our church which is in the suburbs of Philadelphia is not doing live services until September.  Since March the pastor and music director have been doing the serivce via FaceBook live and it's working quite well.

We only have one service in the summer because a lot of people are on vacation (in normal years) so they decided to keep doing the FB service.  The church building will open next week for staff and any meetings.

Esteemed Contributor

We've had LiveStreaming for several years now and that's how we've been doing our services since the pandemic.  We were planning to open back up in the middle of this month but have decided to push it back a few weeks and our first Sunday will be July 5.

We have online giving through our web-site and most people have been doing that with some just sending in their checks to the office.  I will probably continue the online giving option from here on out as it is so easy.  Our Treasurer said we're doing much better than expected.  Giving is up; expenses are obviously down.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

We reopened at reduced capacity 2 weeks ago - only 75 allowed. Social distancing & masks required. I haven’t returned yet due to my health issues putting me at risk for the virus. Our church is still using live streaming for those who are not attending. 

Honored Contributor

Our churches re-opened last Sunday.  They are at 50% capacity.  You have to stay 6 feet apart unless you are a family.

There is no singing, no communion by mouth, no congregating after church, no collection basket passed around, no bulletin and all prayer books were removed.

If you are 60+, in bad health or fearful to be there, you are encouraged to stay home. There is still a dispensation in place for not attending.   

Honored Contributor

Ours opened 5/17 against my better judgment. DH and I will not be attending until we feel it is safe. They sing, socialize, eat treats and sip coffee after the service, all of which we don't think makes sense. Luckily, there's many options available on Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

Our church opened up a few weeks ago. They are still doing live streaming, and I think they will be doing that for the foreseeable future. We are not going.