Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Would You Like To Be Called.......(Long)

If this was grade or middle school, you could tell the teacher.  Since it's not, just ignore her. Maybe offer up a prayer or two for her, sounds like she needs it.

Trusted Contributor

It would be annoying to me, too. I'd act as if she isn't even there so she feels like she's speaking to air. Also carry a can of mace and make sure she sees it. Who knows, maybe it might come down to her acting crazier one day? The phone camera idea someone mentioned, too if she acts up. Say, "just in case you get crazier or any worse" ha ha. Actually not sure I could say that unless it just got even more bizarre. She sounds the type that could harass and pester you in your house next. Be careful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assume you are all adults and a little old to be engaged in name-calling.  Surely there are ways to avoid the neighbor.  I'd take advantage of her absence, alternate routes or just ignore her.  I surely wouldn't stoop to her childish level.

I like @Drythe 's idea about using the headphones.  Taunting is no fun if the victim cant hear you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you are dealing with a real NUTJOB!!

Good luck....

Respected Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

"Pitbull" (Armando Perez) is a very famous singer.  Tell Susie he is "Worldwide"  Pitbull's tagline. 

Then Smile.

@LapdogThat is so funny that you mention him!  I thought of asking DH to tell her that he couldn't sing or dance but it would go over her head Woman Happy  "Timber"

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Er... how old is she?  Four?  Five?

Sorry you have to deal with this.

Obviously she knows she’s getting to you, so ignoring her might be good.

Your DH could wear headphones and pretend he can’t hear her.  Doesn’t even have to turn them on, I do this on planes frequently.

@DrytheClever idea!  She is 70.  I'll suggest headphones, thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Jackhound Mom, I'm sorry. I think I misunderstood your first post. I thought she was going a different way. I don't know what I'd do. To be honest, I quit walking my dog down the road because of a viscious dog that came running at me and my husband. My husband keeps a trail mowed and sprayed for ticks. I would much rather walk on the road, but I don't feel safe.

Your neighbor doesn't sound like she is playing with a full deck. You and your husband deserve more respect than this.

Please tell your hubby I said thank you for his service.

@happycat  Thank you so much and I will read this to him!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  Thank you for defending me!!!  I thought there might be someone who would just jump on the fact that Suzie chose that breed.  It's ironic because our first dog 34 years ago was a pitbull.  Michael J Fox had pitbulls and one had a nic name of "mush pie" which we stole for our boy.  

Our house is for sale and we can't wait to leave "crazy street!"  I hope someone with more "stamina" moves in.  I could write a book about my neighbors and I will write more after we move.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforrealWe haven't told anyone and yes I do pray for my neighbors every single day.

Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

It would be annoying to me, too. I'd act as if she isn't even there so she feels like she's speaking to air. Also carry a can of mace and make sure she sees it. Who knows, maybe it might come down to her acting crazier one day? The phone camera idea someone mentioned, too if she acts up. Say, "just in case you get crazier or any worse" ha ha. Actually not sure I could say that unless it just got even more bizarre. She sounds the type that could harass and pester you in your house next. Be careful.

@StraytoStayThank you so much!  DH carries the leashe and bags in pocket and sometimes his cane so it would be a little hard to record but he also does have his phone in his pocket.  I go with him only 1 time a day when I can.  These are all well thought out suggestions and I appreciate it.