Respected Contributor

How Would You Like To Be Called.......(Long)

"Pitbull" when walking your dog?  My dog is in my picture.  She is Jack Russell & Doxie.  She loves everyone and is friends with most of the neighborhood dogs big & small.  Not a mean bone or grumpy minute sience we adopted her 4 years ago.

Our neighbor started calling (her?) pitbull when DH would walk her.  It was mildly funny the first 10 or so times because she is so sweet & nothing like what people think of when they hear the breed name.

The repetitive taunts got old.  DH finally said "you know my name Susie, couldn't you just speak when you see me?  To which she sang "pittybull, pittybull, pittybull.

I should mention that she has one quiet little dog and another that is insane, it growles, snarels, and squirms around and sense she can't control it she picks them both up by their harnesses and lets them scream and have a slobbering fit for all to see & hear.  It is very upsetting!

Dennis came in after a walk and said Susie is calling him pitbull!  I suggested he refer to her dog as "Cujo" because it acts insane or rabid.  Now she goes another way and no longer taunts DH.  I am baffeled by this kind of " mean girls attitude."  I live on crazy street.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Would You Like To Be Called.......(Long)

Wow, she does sound strange....

Regular Contributor

Well, that is certainly a vicious looking dog you have there Smiley Wink  She’s adorable! I think that you do live on crazy street. 

Trusted Contributor

Being the owner of a PittBull I'd be proud.

Wonderful, loving dogs.  Wouldn't have any other breed. 

And..BTW...Why would you care what they call you, your dog, or anyone else? 

Small minds...

Honored Contributor

I would just ignore and pretend you don't even hear her.  Just don't acknowledge her and it will get old for her too.  She sounds kind of strange.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, I think she knows you don't like it and thats why she does it.m It seems like the mature thing for one to do would be call the dog by its name, since she knows its name.

I'm just glad she is going the other way now and maybe you won't have to deal with her.

Honored Contributor

It's annoying, but easily ignored. 

Honored Contributor

The guy is trying to be funny even if it isn't.  Let it go.  

I know people who try to be funny and laugh about things that really aren't.   I just smile and move on.  They don't know what I'm really thinking.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It sounds like she thinks she is being cute, and wants to be noticed

The best thing for people like that is to ignore them. I doubt she has any friends

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That IS crazy!  People can be horrible.  Sounds like the Cujo comment worked.   Maybe if she continues  pull out your cellphone and tell her you're calling 911 - that she's harassing you.  And/or take pics/video of what she's doing.  In fact - do that first.