Respected Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Have Your Hair Done?? Addendum to Previous topic

Miami Beach, Florida.  Color, trim, blow-out (minus tip) $155.00.  Color, blowout $110.00 (minus tip).  Unreal!Smiley Surprised

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just literally returned from the hairdresser. My hair is one inch past my shoulders. 115 dollars for single process, cut and blow out.  Does not include 18 percent tip and 2 dollars for shampoo girl .  Ugh Long Island 

Honored Contributor

@Tabbycat..........I am about 50 miles south of Ashville in Rutherford County.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Hondagirl wrote:

Haircuts etc. have gotten way out of line.  I have short hair with some highlights which helps my fine hair manage better for me... Last week I walked out of the salon and my bill was $175.00... This is getting outrageous... I don't get paid that much per hour or so but we are stuck with these salons charging so much.. Then with the tip and give the girl who washes your hair the bill is now $200... I don't look like $200 when I walk out... Most places where I live charge prices like this so I am stuck or let my hair grow gray...Tired of so much money for everything....

I am in L.I., NY............my salon charges are around the same as yours......i get highlights also...and it is about

the same amount for the highlights, cuts, blow dry.....and then like you say ....once you hand out tips...it is alot more $$$$..............

Kelsey, I just got back from La Cole in Seaford. Paid 115.00 for single process, blow and cut. The prices keep inching up! Next month m getting highlights, it will be 200. Where do you go?

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I am completely white/gray and I have short hair.  Every 5 to 6 weeks, I pay $25.00 for a hair cut plus tip.

Ditto me. I go to Supercuts or similar because time, experience and a lot of wasted $$ have taught me that a $75 haircut won’t necessarily look any better than a $25 one on my short hair.  I no longer get perms or color. They just shot my hair anyway.

I now live in a rural area of the Central Coast of CA. Even here you’re talking $100+ for cut & color.  In Silicon Valley to the north, perhaps close to double at a trendy salon but easily $150 and the same in LA.

All of that is why I decided to stop with the expensive salon services almost 20 years ago after perming & coloring most of my life. The $$ I was spending was not making me look appreciably better, and I increasingly resented the time spent as well as the $$.

These days, if I happen to get a haircut that I think is too short, in three weeks it won’t be so I don’t sweat it. Hair grows.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

When my hairdresser retired, I decided I'd save money and cut my own. I really don't do anything special with it, so it works for me. I have an unusual, and some say beautiful, shade of naturally red hair, so I don't color it. Perms have never held for long on me, so I don't do that, either. So, just a trim by me once a month or so. But reading what some of you ladies spend, I have to say, Wow! Because I had no idea it cost so much. Guess I'll keep the scissors in hand.

Honored Contributor

my husband i go to same hair lady.

he has little hair so she just trims the very back of his head.

I have little hair and have it frosted every 2 months. I get my hair cut every month.

hair cut for me  $25.00

hair frost (with cap) plus cut is $65.00

I do nothave blow dry done, to little hair.

husband hair is $10.00

I just had frost/cut and husband had his hair cut all last week Friday total bill was $75.00. We left her a $15.00 tip. $10 for me and 5 for husband's hair.

Super Contributor

I live in Southern New Jersey, about 20 minutes drive outside of Philadelphia. I go about every eight to to ten weeks for color, cut, deep conditioning treatment and blow dry. I would be 90% or more gray without color. It costs about $60-$65 plus tip. I go to the HairCuttery, and use one of two stylists that I like. I LOVE my color, and just last time tried a new style - a bob - which I am very happy with. They always do a nice job for a reasonable price.

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

Last fall I broke up with my salon.  The one I go to now is $80 (every 3 weeks) for my roots and blowout.  Every 6 weeks it's another $60 for a haircut.  Partial highlights every 15 weeks add another $60.

I'm a good tipper.

Respected Contributor

Northern VA - $55 for cut and style, $160 for hairpainting, cut and style.  20% tip