Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Pay To Have Your Hair Done?? Addendum to Previous topic

I live two hours from Dallas and having been paying my stylist since 1996 cash only and apparently not much based on this thread.  Color, trim and blow dry (hair down to waist) for $65.00 about every 8 weeks.  She has never asked for more but I bumped it myself at one time.  I think she does enjoy getting cash only from me for over 20 years. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me it's a crime...I live in a LARGE retirement CITY....isolated....I get a trim, roots colored and a few highlights for $110.  Plus a $20 tip.  We are captive here.  This is one of the cheaper salons.  They take advantage of us because it is 40 min. to a bigger city.  I go ever 6-7 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio, I have had the same experience. I had a fairy pricy hair stylist for two years and I never felt that we were on the same page with my hair, which is sort of between a pixie and a short layered cut. About every other haircut, I would get bad to mediocre results. I finally decided I needed a change and kept putting off going back to her.  

Then it was very close to Christmas and really needed my hair cut. I walked into Great Clips, thinking, well, I've walked out of more expensive salons with bad haircuts, so what did I have to lose.  My stylist did a fantastic job and I received a great cut for a really reasonable price. Paid $13, handed her a $20 bill and told her to keep the change. Will definitely go in next time when she is in, she's very good. 

Esteemed Contributor

I color my own hair and my hair is long so I just get the layers trimmed about every 3 months. She charges $13 and I give her a $5 tip. I live in South Texas. This is just a walk in Salon. The appointment ones charge $20 - $25 for a haircut and they do wash it and style it for you.