Honored Contributor

Re: How Have Your Grooming Habits Changed Since COVID?

Same as before...shower, makeup, hair everyday even if going to pool.  Come home and repeat...but, throw on gym shorts & tshirt.

I did change to just manicure vs. dip for my nails.  And this week pedicure much needed.

I will say i'm a little lazier now that almost everyday is "groundhog day"😉

Occasional Contributor

Like Pook I broke my arm. That was in February so I started my  sheltering early! I wasn't happy  the way my hair was looking so I took a radical step and had my head shaved. I love it. It has grown some and I am very happy with the outcome. My arm is getting better, but I may never turn back.

Respected Contributor

Wow, yall have made me feel like a slug. I am retired.

For the first few weeks, I tried to maintain normal routine in hair and make up. 

Next I tried to change to just cc cream or a dry foundation with a little mascara. 

I'm now just using good cleansing and care. But I cannot skip my at home hair dye. Cannot look in the mirror and see that drab gray. 

I feel like I have had on the same clothes for the last 3 months!

I'm afraid 2020 will be a lost year.

Honored Contributor

Nothing has changed for me; I still have the same routine that I settled into after retiring 7 years ago.   

Honored Contributor

Major difference is I stopped coloring my hair due to a bad case of shingles. It seems much thicker since so it is much easier to style. My natural roots are still dark blonde so not much of a change to my appearance. I still use lipstick but foundation is no longer necessary because my diet is very healthy. I no longer can use eye makeup because the virus hit my eye. 

Honored Contributor

Every day is a no bra day.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it has changed. This is the first year I haven't gotten a pedicure in the spring, then summer. Just trying to limit my time out and about.

Also colored my hair earlier this week, with horrendous results. 

And its not a grooming habit but I have gained about 10 lbs.

Honored Contributor

Grooming habits are no different. My routine really has not changed at all other than I wear a mask if I go to the store, so I wear less makeup now. Why bother?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy 

I had to smile when I read you put on makeup and fragrance for UPS etc deliveries.  That's class!   

T-shirts and leggings are now shorts around here.  The closest to dressing up is slipping on dress for grocery shopping.  After all, when out and about I shed my clothes along with the mask upon returning home.  I just started using straightener again.  It's been brush teeth, moisturizer, mask and go.   Today I tried to remember what I use when applying eye makeup.  That I have done four times since March.  

Yes, routine definitely simplified.  

Honored Contributor

No face makeup, and I took a good look.........seems as though I'm looking a bit younger, which is a big surprise.

I don't like makeup on my masks.

I've found that wearing pleated masks with a clean soft cotton hanky or small bandana folded over the mask, taped on each side, works well for me.

No skin irritation.  But I do keep my face moisturized with coconut oil, which doesn't seem to be greasy at all, once absorbed.

I used liquid unscented laundry detergent, or (mostly) unscented bar soap to wash the hankys and bandanas.  They dry quick/quickly. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).