Honored Contributor

Re: How Have Your Grooming Habits Changed Since COVID?

Still shower with full makeup daily.  I don't wet my hair fully daily and use products to style it but not due tom COVID but several breaks in hand and arm last year still make it difficult to fully fix hair.  I would fix hair fully if  necessary and now really not.  Never have been comfortable or my best not doing full makeup so will never do it.

Esteemed Contributor

I never wore a lot of makeup even when I worked so I only wear it if I go out.  Now since it's summer I don't even wear that because when I go outside I'll just sweat it off. I do my own manicures and did have a pedicure in May. I've been having my hair done since we opened up in May. Having my hair done is my only priority. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@ECBG I will try that!  I always love me a high pony.  

@Laura14 It will look like a chignon!😉

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

After my daily morning shower (I consider any time in the a.m.to be morning) I put on my  stretchy pants, tee shirt, and Skechers to start the day. I colored my hair last week but it hasn't been cut in months. Make-up is optional. My dog and my husband don't care. The only time that I make an attempt to look OK is on Sunday afternoons, when we have our family Zoom get-together. I don't want to scare the relatives.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I know we have all had hair and nail issues since the virus, have you changed or adopted any new habits?

I've always done my own manicure and pedicure,  but this is the first time ever that I'm only just doing  anti aging and just eye makeup.  Full makeup will be for medical appts., lunches, work and the like.  I was even doing makeup at the beach!!!!!🙃

@ECBG   No real changes other than not applying lip products before putting on a mask. 

When home I don’t wear makeup but going to work I do; I don’t wear a mask in my private office. I apply lipstick or lip balm once I’m there. 

I spend less less time on my hair now. It is too long now to do anything with so I just run my curling brush through it to smooth it and finish with a bit of hairspray. How could I have loved long hair for so many years? I miss my above the shoulders bob but I can deal with the long hair until it is safe to see my stylist. “Open for business” is not the same as “safe.” 

Super Contributor

I've definitely changed my grooming habits -- no more makeup, hair dye and blow drying.  I have to say that my skin and hair have never been in such great shape.  I've maintained by usual skincare routine and continue to conditioner my hair.  However,  all of the things that tend to look good on the surface, while creating havoc underneath, I've given up on.  I'm having an Alicea Keyes moment where I realizing I'm happy with what's been underneath all of the bells and whistles.

Respected Contributor

I don't put on lipstick anymore since my lips are behind a mask..and once in a while, I skip mascara.

Honored Contributor

No change for me.  I still put on my make up and dress casually every day.  I would feel sloppy if I didn't.

Respected Contributor

Mine hasn't changed at all. I never wear make up and I do my own hair. I have never gotten my nails done so I can't miss something I have never did. So my grooming is the same as before the virus.

Honored Contributor

I do everything the same. Shower twice a day, makeup, dress decent. The only thing I'm not doing is putting on any face makeup. I don't want to get it all over my masks. My pores are thanking me though!

"Pure Michigan"