Honored Contributor

How Have Your Grooming Habits Changed Since COVID?

I know we have all had hair and nail issues since the virus, have you changed or adopted any new habits?

I've always done my own manicure and pedicure,  but this is the first time ever that I'm only just doing  anti aging and just eye makeup.  Full makeup will be for medical appts., lunches, work and the like.  I was even doing makeup at the beach!!!!!🙃

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Have Your Grooming Habits Changed Since COVID?

I'm getting horrible with my appearance. I forget to brush my hair a lot. I wear sloppy t shirts and baggy shorts. I think at this point I have given up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm not a manicure or pedicure or make up person so not missing that. I do shower daily. At least I do that. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Enjoy whatever you're doing for the 4th of July. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

No change at all.  I still do hair and make-up every day. 

I'm in and out of my apartment several times a day.  Always running into people.

Esteemed Contributor

You're reading my mind! Working 2 mornings a week at the office until 'things' pick up. My morning routine used to be clockwork as I zipped around bedroom and bath. Since March, I'm a bit off the rails. It is taking me too long to get ready for work. Need to focus. Kinda concerns me about pending retirement. 

I do my own nails but will admit, I've enjoyed wearing a snug camisol almost daily in lieu of another garment. Just minor adjustments for me.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

My hair is the longest it's been in a while.  I am vacillating between cutting it short again or embracing my inner Crystal Gayle.  

Respected Contributor

I’m not wearing makeup and occasionally forget to wash my face until noon 😳, but have continued my full skin care routine. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I was even doing makeup at the beach!!!!!🙃

I have a neighbor who wears full face makeup including fake eyelashes while swimming in our pool.  I am assuming everything is waterproof.  When I see her leaving, makeup is still on perfectly.

My other neighbor told me she bets that she goes to bed & wakes up w/the same face daily.

====================

NOPE!  I'm retired. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I guess I mirror @ECBG . I'd never skip my skincare and do eyes (the minimum) when I go out. Mani/pedis always do my own and not rushing to hair salon. Just letting it grow until I feel more safe going. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It hasn’t changed for me.  I’m pretty low maintenance.  I only wear makeup for church or appointments. My skin feels healthier that way.  I’m wearing the same clothes I usually wear at home – pants and T-shirt, or a cotton T-shirt dress and sandals.  Lately, I’ve been wearing more dresses because I find them cooler and more comfortable.  I live in an apartment building so I see people everyday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

My hair is the longest it's been in a while.  I am vacillating between cutting it short again or embracing my inner Crystal Gayle.  

@Laura14 You will have easy success with a cute style I picked up at my allergy shot clinic. 

Pull your hair into a high ponytail with a covered rubber band.   Then, cover the rubber band with a round octopus claw hair clamp.  Your hair will fall back and cover everything looking like a hairpiece!  Takes no time!!!!!!