Honored Contributor

Re: How Has Life Changed For You After The Virus?

@Enufstuff 

Thank you for your well wishes and I send them to you, as well!  It helps to know that there are others who feel the same.  We are blessed but things have not been easy.  As long as we continue to remain positive, we will be o.k.!  Blessings!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

My life changed little during the virus. The only change that effected me was the ice rink being closed for 7 months. Other than that, I didn't let it change anything I wanted to do that wasn't mandated by our local government or private facilities.

Followed the guidelines that made scientific sense to me from the sources I followed. Added zinc as a daily supplement and increased my Vitamin D. Didn't and don't wear any mask unless required, and wore only the ones given me to wear, which were from the hospital staff.

My outlook on life didn't change since my 1st heart attack/aspiration pneumonia, and my many subsequent dealings with life/death health issues. Knowing something is going to eventually kill me, but what did/does not concern me.

Live a healthy and active life and do so 1 day at a time. I have never in my adult life accepted being a conformist to suit what others thought my life should be. And as I have said for a couple decades on these forums give no thought to things I cannot control.

To me man was born to live, not prepare for life. And that is exactly how I have live my my life since I was 18 years old.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Working from home isn't all it is cracked up to be. I know most people seem to love it and don't want to return in person...I am the opposite.  I need the routine and interaction going in person brings and I miss that. My department is at the low end of the priority scale in my company so they really don't care about us to begin with but since we have been home (the other departments remained in person) they really have neglected us and there hasn't been a word about returning and it seems they have no intrest in discussing it either. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Covid is not going to go away.  It is here to stay like the flu and we are going to have to deal with it.  I'm tired of hearing about every variant coming down the pike.  Can you imagine if we had a news conference or daily updates about every flu variant detected?  I strongly feel we have been mislead about a lot of things and some of that is starting to come to light now.  

I got my 2 vaccines as soon as I was able and I had Covid in February which gives me some natural immunity.  In the fall I may get a booster but time will tell.  I will see where things are.  There is research coming out that immunity from the boosters wanes significantly after about 13 weeks and I have no intention of getting vaccinated every 3-4 months.  

The only place I wear a mask is getting my nails done because it is still required.  We also had to wear a mask traveling but it looks like that may be over.  

I've worked in office every single day since the pandemic began.  I wore a mask when I was supposed to and in the fall and winter when Omicron was surging, I wore a mask in all public places even though we are no longer under a mask mandate here.  

The biggest thing for me is that I have become even more of a homebody than I was before.  Everything here was shut down for so long, I got used to being home and I'm fine with it.  I don't have much of a desire to go out on weekend nights anymore or deal with people out and about.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

We are still experiencing the virus here in CT - it always seems to start in the east, down’t it?

We are up in years and have learned to adjust our expectations to keep our health and enjoy what we have - our home and family and so many blessings.

Are we disappointed?  Yes.  Would love to go to Italy, Ireland, etc.  Would love to enjoy complete freedom again and loved to travel. But knowing what has happened, my DD’s FIL who is a long hauler on oxygen 24 hours a day (and told likely has 2 years left) is an example of a tragedy.  He listened to the wrong people.

We live in the ‘burbs, and can stay outside, or inside spaces with little crowding.  We are museum people anyway, and weekdays are not crowded.

We are sorrowful for the war in Ukraine and all the suffering.

Glad that we can donate some to good causes.  It sure makes everyone grateful for what we have here.

Esteemed Contributor

Right now, not much has changed.  The only thing out of the ordinary is my doctor's visits are either virtual or I wear a mask for them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown