Respected Contributor

Re: How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

Related image

Honored Contributor

My husband and I usually grill steaks and watch a good movie and just hang out at home. Sometimes however we go to our daughter's house about 2 hours away and hang out with them, and grill and play with our grand daughters and then we spend the night. Once the granddaughters go to bed, we usually watch a movie with our daughter and her husband.......Years ago, we used to go to a party given by my husband's cousin, and they were always a lot of fun, but times change....We prefer nice quiet evenings, sometimes our church has service earlier in the evening as well...... 

Trusted Contributor

Go to my brother's home.  He has a party every year.  There are usually about 8 - 10 people.  It's a fun night, but I hate to admit it, but it's probably the only night of the year that we're up past 11:00!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me, it's just like any other night.

Trusted Contributor

I don't enjoy going out as much as I used to.  Things have changed so much, I really don't like crowds so we just stay home.  Watch TV, maybe have a drink of some kind, I try and have a nice dessert, wear a pretty nightgown and me and hubby and off to bed.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

dh and i go to church service at 5pm, then out to eat if we can find a place that is open. we usually wind up at waffle house, then home. shower and watch movies we have recorded to carry us thru the evening. usually in bed about 11pm.

Honored Contributor

I've gone to parties and restaurant/bars, but I've always prefered staying home.  I treat it as a regular day of the week.

Super Contributor

I go to the party in the community where I live. It's really a lot of fun. I'm a nite owl anyway. It usually ends by 1:00. And it's a very very short drive, nice and safe, back home. 

Honored Contributor

All that shiny silver stuff is right on my pillow, the head beneth it is asleep.