Esteemed Contributor

How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

I used to like to go out and celebrate at a party, but now I am content to just stay home and watch the celebrations on tv, or be in bed asleep.

How do you like to ring in the new year?

Respected Contributor

Re: How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

I don't.  In the old days we would go out but I didn't enjoy it.  We go out to dinner and might watch some TV.  Most of the time I'm asleep before midnight.

Respected Contributor

I'm with both of you.  Never enjoyed when we did go out and now stay home and usually asleep by midnight.

Honored Contributor

I snuggle with The Kitty...........like every other night............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I used to celebrate w/family and friends.  Now that I am older, all I want to do is be in bed and asleep to not be reminded I am alone.  I need my sleep Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to go to a big dish-to-pass tennis party. It was impossible to drink too much and play tennis...a good thing. Sadly, most of us who participated in those celebrations have developed bad knees, backs, shoulders, elbows, ankles, wrists, etc. and had to give up the game. Now my husband and I just stay home on New Year's Eve. A couple of years ago, we visited friends in Florida who took us to a huge party at their mammoth condo development. It was a disaster, with such huge lines at every food station that I wound up with a bowl of rice and a glass of wine. All that for 60 bucks! We decided that staying home was the best way to ring in the new year...and make our beagle happy.

Respected Contributor

Used to love to go out and dance the night away and ring in the New Year.  Make my New Year's resolutions and generally have a great time with friends, dinner and dancing.

Now it is just pretty much another day.  Sometimes if I think about it, I will turn on TV and watch and Ball drop.  Most of the time Midnight passes and it is a New Year and I have not noticed!  Even forget to write the new year date and enter the previous year.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't.

I don't care.

LOL

Respected Contributor

I am always hoping we don't get invited anywhere .. just want to stay home

and veg.....we do however plan carefully what goodies we want to have ..

stuff we usually don't have ...French Onion Dip and Chips always tops

the list ...its a real pig fest ....

Honored Contributor

We stay home---too risky to be on the streets with the idiots who still drink and drive.