Trusted Contributor

Re: How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

We stay at home, watch a movie and have a munchie dinner (appetizers). 

New Year's Day is a big pot of chili or sometimes Hoppin' John. Relax all day. Watch the dog show on tv. Our son always comes for New Years Day. 

That is of course if my husband isn't flying. Then I am usually by myself. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH and I have never been ones to celebrate New Year's Eve, we have a nice dinner, just the two of us, and watch some TV and end up going to bed early, I do not ever remember making it up until midnight, unless I wa working!  We have always been happiest when we are home together!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't.  To me it is one,of these fake artificial holidays.  TErrible service at restaurants for overpriced food.  A bunch of drunken fools on the roads.  No thanks.

Trusted Contributor

We have Chinese take-out and champagne! And we watch the ball drop at midnight. Started the Chinese food tradition early-on in our marriage, continued when we became parents, and will be enjoying it again this holiday as newbie empty nesters!

Honored Contributor

We really have not celebrated NYE since 1983.

Esteemed Contributor

Sleeping

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love staying home. I think of the high points of the year (my own Top Ten). And I read

. . .

Respected Contributor

I like New Year’s Eve...even though it’s just me now.  I celebrate with a bottle of wine, a cheese ball and a box of Wheat Thins, and the Twilight Zone marathon!

Trusted Contributor

We have never made a big issue out of New Years Eve!

Over the years sometimes we would go out with friends or be invited to a party!  We never hosted a party, however.

Now that we are senior citizens we enjoy a quiet evening together with our own favorite snacks with a nice fire in the fireplace!   We also look forward to watching the ball drop in NYC on tv and watching all the good football on the next day!!

Valued Contributor

I never celebrate New Year's Eve, for one simple reason, I don't know what the new year will bring....good or bad. This year my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my husband was diagnosed with cancer, my mom fell down the stair's and split her head open, 2 month's later she had a stroke. Three month's ago my oldest sister (65 year's old) had a stroke and last Wednesday, my mom fell again and shattered her knee and broke her arm and injured her shoulder.