Honored Contributor

How Do You And Your DH's Tastes In Food Differ?

I absolutely can't stand dried beans except kidney beans in chili.

I also can't tolerate hot (spicy) and have to watch some Mexican items.  

Love med rare steaks and roasts.  I eat many more veggies that can be steamed and don't have to be fried.

Him, hot (spicy), kalamata olives, dried beans, sausages in soups and stews, okra and squash must be fried.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do You And Your DH's Tastes In Food Differ?

We pretty much like the same foods, but with a few exceptions: he loves canned smoked oysters, anchovies and any of those other "little cans of fish"....he keeps them all in one little corner of the pantry that's "his stuff"! He loves liver and onions - I won't touch it, so if he wants it, he cooks it for himself. Although not necesarily a taste in food, he likes leftovers "to come to room temperature" so he takes them out of the refrigerator and leaves them on the counter for hours - I can't get through to him. On the other hand, he's been doing it since we got married and has never gotten sick.  He eats it, I don't! I still love him!

Respected Contributor

Me  -  love pasta anything Italian, French, and adore Indian cooking plus being Brit fish & chips, would kill for Cornish Pastie from Cornwall.  Love hamburgers, Love cheeses - not feta - really love all foods well cooked and sauces.   Love all veggies.  Not a dessert person.       But.......

DH is a real meat and potatoes man.  Not keen on Italian, does not like pasta - loves Indian, hates Mexican food.  He is a real Brit roast dinners, fish and chips drives me insane.  Totally loves any dessert!

We are really totally opposite in most tastes

Honored Contributor

My husband likes seafood, anchovies, and sardines, none of which you could pay me to eat.   

I love liver; chicken, beef, pork, turkey, and you couldn’t pay him enough money to eat a serving of it.   

Respected Contributor

My dh loves fish and will eat about anything.Also thinks if you freeze somthing it will be good forever.  I do not like fish and prefer fresh not frozen.I love prime rib and he hates it.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo, same thing here....if it's frozen he thinks it lasts forever - it doesn't "go bad". Drives me nuts. I've learned to just quietly get rid of "stuff" that ends up in living forever in the freezer!

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  Yes . when I still worked I would bring the food to work and throw it  away.Now with both of us retired it's harder to get rid of LOL

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Me  -  love pasta anything Italian, French, and adore Indian cooking plus being Brit fish & chips, would kill for Cornish Pastie from Cornwall.  Love hamburgers, Love cheeses - not feta - really love all foods well cooked and sauces.   Love all veggies.  Not a dessert person.       But.......

DH is a real meat and potatoes man.  Not keen on Italian, does not like pasta - loves Indian, hates Mexican food.  He is a real Brit roast dinners, fish and chips drives me insane.  Totally loves any dessert!

We are really totally opposite in most tastes

Woman Surprised 

@dulwich Oh you poor dear... This, alone, is grounds for dissolution of the union should it ever come to that...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

My husband will eat anything while I am quite fussy.  I am often shocked at the stuff he'll eat.  He would eat anything loaded with garlic while I can't stand the smell;  it nauseates me.  Next month we'll celebrate our 53rd anniversary! 

Honored Contributor

We pretty much have the same taste when it comes to food, although I like curried foods and he won't eat anything curried.