Highlighted
Contributor

How Can You Know If an E-message is Fake

I keep getting e-messages from a celebrity who now wants to converse with me on google chat!  I only have commented on their FB account.  How do I know if it is real?  It seems that they have thousands of fans all over the world & how would they have the time to chat with them.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Can You Know If an E-message is Fake

I think you've answered your own question.  Common sense should tell you a celebrity doesn't have the time or interest in talking to fans.  They undoubtedly want to sell you something.  Forget it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It's fake.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pasta Lover Also, often when this happens if you look closer, it is from a "copy-cat" and not a "verified" account. Or in other words, not really that celeb's account, which "verified" their account and profile icon will have a little blue check by it.

No celeb is "connecting" with fans, unless they are doing something like an Instagram Live where they might answer a comment or question from a fan then.

Valued Contributor

Unless its Johnny Depp , it was written in an article, he did that, came to rely on what some girl was telling him. He said he liked her sincerity .. 

Whatever, I think someone is playing with you.

Just delete it or block them.

FB,, nothing but trouble....

Super Contributor

Trust no one is a good rule to live by.  

Honored Contributor

@Pasta Lover wrote:

I keep getting e-messages from a celebrity who now wants to converse with me on google chat!  I only have commented on their FB account.  How do I know if it is real?  It seems that they have thousands of fans all over the world & how would they have the time to chat with them.

@Pasta Lover 

They don't.   Whomever is doing this is looking for gullible people with bank accounts.   Please use common sense when on social media.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just assume it is fake. Just delete it. Don't dare click on it to open and certainly do NOT reply.

Honored Contributor

I get messages all the time that Barry Gibb wants to talk to me. 🤣 (I’m a fan.)

The real accounts with huge numbers of followers have a blue check mark after the name.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pasta Lover 

I got a friend request from a guy that I have known, as a friend, for over 75 years. This is FB and he is already on my friends list.

A few weeks ago I got a friend request from someone named Princess Diana. 

Those are as real as my millions of $$$$ worth of $3 bills.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)