Respected Contributor

Re: Household Chore You HATE!

well it used to be defrosting the fridge.

years ago when i lived in apartments in MA, the landlords were cheap because,  by law,   they were not responsible for refrigerators.  tenants had to supply their own fridge. (a stove was included in the apt.)    if they did supply a fridge,  many would install the cheapest fridge and it was always the oldest style, the kind with rounded corners and a latch..   

taking all the food out, hoping you could find the cooler for the milk and eggs.   the dripping icy mess all over the floor, pans of water. in the winter you could sture stuff in the snow lol. in summer, took less time. still a mess. wet clothes. i would wear a bathing suit to defrost!

now i would have to say cleaning the oven. i have self-clean oven but i can only do it on days when all the windows are open. it takes  hrs and stinks up the house

Occasional Contributor

I would have to say I hate, did I say hate to iron. Can't stand it. Other than that I don't mind vacuuming or dusting etc. A close second would be cleaning the refrigerator.
Esteemed Contributor

Cooking!

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Cooking!

I agree, @twinny70!  I hate to cook.  I don't mind the clean up, but planning and preparing, I detest.  If I lived alone, I would rarely cook.  We do eat out alot, thank goodness.

I have always liked cleaning house and all that it entails. It is getting to be less of a thrill, especially since DH retired.  I prefer to clean when no one is around, which now, is not often.  If I want to move furniture around, I would rather be alone and not have to explain LOL. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The list of what I like would be much shorter.  

THAT list is several volumes!!!

Honored Contributor

Bathroom cleanup.  Let's all pr*test.  DH's should have that chore!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Unloading the dishwasher. When I open it and it's empty, it's like getting a present. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree with @twinny70! COOKING!  I just detest it. Hasn't always been that way though just the last couple years. Not sure what happened. My DH had a job which kept him out of state or country for over 6 months a year. Now he is retired and home ALL the time so have to cook more. He is no help at all, i.e. doesn't share! LOL!  He does do the dishes however, I don't mind doing the dishes - it's the cooking!  He would eat cereal or sandwiches nonstop b/4 he would cook anything. I don't mind ironing at all. I find it relaxing.  If I ever win the lotto (which is doubtful as I rarely buy a ticket) the first thing I would do would be hire a full time cook!  Also don't mind vacuuming. I am slightly jealous of those who are able to have a cleaning person. It's never been in the budget - perhaps could have been years ago I guess but spent $$ elsewhere and now it's not an option!

Honored Contributor

I am one of those weird people who do not mind cleaning at all...However I can't stand to grocery shop, I don't mind actual shopping, but I hate waiting in the check out lines......I guess inside the house, my least favorite would be cleaning out the fireplace and ironing........