Respected Contributor

Hotter than Hot at the Back Fence for August 2017

Just finished posting in July - forgot already - August was upon us. So here it is and it is going to be a super hot/sweaty month as unfortunately am sure the weather experts are right. Sigh.

Stop by - left some oatmeal at the older Fence. Geesh!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hotter than Hot at the Back Fence for August 2017

No worries Freddie @Winifred

I moved the oatmeal and your August post over:

So hot and humid yesterday - unbearable. Today more of the same. Weather guru did say, however that it MAY rain. We shall see. Probably will not. David's Dad and friend fixed my broken sprinkler heads. Shannon "helped" and mowed the lawn a couple days ago. Every time she does she breaks one or two heads. Sure irritates me as replacing them is very pricey and she is just not careful. So $45 later they were working again. When the idiot stole my stuff couple weeks ago they took ALL my sprinkler heads and other things like that. Had over $100 in them sitting in their normal place for years and years - he cleaned me out. guess I will never understand people.

Got the feeders filled and cleaned the bird bath. Always amazed at how dirty those bird baths can become. Also put up a new clothes line out back. Thought that was easier than restringing one. Worked like a charm. Davey chopped up some more dead twigs/branches for me. Davey's Dad and friend hauled away the old clothes line and also a large piece of plywood for me - I appreciated it so all in all it would up to be a very good day.

Brought along some peaches and cream oatmeal - really yummy.

Have a great day everyone.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I wish everyone would mention what state they live in or near what city.  It actually has cooled down where I live to low to mid 80's but on Friday this week it will be in the 70's.  We had it very hot for quite a few days and I am glad that is over.  I live outside of Chicago in the suburbs.   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi @Katcat1  I'm from SE Michigan.

Trusted Contributor

Humidity is back.  Supposed to get some pop up showers.  Our heat is very mild compared to California.  I'm in Indiana. 

Sounds like you got a lot done even in the heat, Freddie.  Glad Davey helped.  Will he be with you this new school year?

Got Merles ear wrapped and off for he went.  Boy I'll be glad to give up that job.  Hopefully  the 8th will be the lucky day.    Everything looks good except inside the ear.  But I know it's different than the other places.  I think I need another cup of coffee    

Honored Contributor

Betty @yock  I can't imagine having them cut inside my ear.  It can't be an easy place to heal.  We're in the dog days of summer so Merle has to be careful he don't get infected.  I'm sure he's not thrilled walking around bandaged up, but whatcha gonna do?

Trusted Contributor

Well the August heat is here and guess it's staying with us for a while. Had to go to the grocery store today and hate to cook after all that shopping. So I think we will have BLT sandwiches tonight. Got some good tomatoes from the farmers market,yummy.

went to Dr. Last week,just a 6 mo. Check up. Happy to report it was a good visit. Normal cholesterol,blood sugar,etc. a good visit.

we made reservations for vacation in Sept. For Florida. We're going to Amelia Island. We have been there a few times before.but this is the first time to stay at Ame

ia Island Plantation. Looks lovely. We like to go away after the summer crowds are done with. really looking forward,have not been to a beach in a couple of years.

everyone stay hydrated in this heat!!

Respected Contributor

I've never posted on these threads before, but the topic caught my eye today because it's record-setting heat here in Western Oregon.  It's 103.6 at our house, 109 in town (we live out in the country).  Just plain brutal, and the fire danger level has been raised to Extreme, not that anyone wants to be doing any kind of work outside right now!  I feel so bad for the poor construction crews doing work on the town's water mains right now, standing out there on the concrete streets in the blazing sun!   

Honored Contributor

Welcome @CamilleP.  Any time you want to pop in to say hi, feel free.

Geez, you really have some high heat over there is Western Oregon.  I will stop complaining about my mid 80 degree weather now, lol.

My favorite seasons are fall and winter.

Respected Contributor

CamilleP - welcome aboard - hope you stop by often. I understand all about that heat. Here in Sou Cal we have been in triple digits for way too long and humidity has reared its ugly head!!! Have a difficult time in that stuff.

Gotta run - got a great great grand who is eating a Popsicle and is getting a bit antsy. Of course she is NOT ready for beddie bye yet.

Hope all had a great day.