Honored Contributor

So often people come here asking for ideas but never taking any suggestions.   Why even ask?  I hope these ideas are helpful to some of us who have posted here.

Esteemed Contributor

You know what?  You can't worry about who doesn't like/won't eat hot dogs.  If that's what you're taking, so be it.

I bet there will be a lot of other dishes there that people won't like.

You have to do what you can.......go and have a good time!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner    Hmmm, I did post back but not about what I took to the potluck..as I mentioned earlier I had a busy Saturday and did not have a lot of free time..and the event was last night.    

.....I ended up taking meatballs and yes the recipes given to me sounded good and I will be trying them out at a later date.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

love hot dogs, but prefer them sauteed first and then put into a crockpot to stay warm. i like some color on them.

you could also cut the hot dogs up into bite sized pieces and put them into a crockpot. make the sauce of one bottle of grape jelly (or your favorite jelly) and one bottle of bbq sauce. another sauce that is good is 1 cup bourbon, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar.

Our Paster did just that with the hot dogs.  She browned them up in the big black fry pan and then tossed them in the crock pot.  We could not keep up making them.