Honored Contributor

I know some people will not eat hot dogs, but I am at a loss as what to take to a potluck...I am leaning toward hotdogs...

Do I just put them in my crock pot with water and heat up...

I'd take buns, onions, relish and ketchup...unless someone can give me a better idea.

I have a lot going on on Saturday and won't have a lot of time to make anything...open to suggestions.

thank you

Honored Contributor

I love hotdogs, but instead of an actual hot dog at a potluck, I'd be more tempted by kielbasa with onions and peppers.

Respected Contributor

Pasta salads are easy and can be made in advance. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I'd be happy with hotdogs but that is me.

I might make sloppy joes, take in a crockpot and a couple packs of rolls.  Browning the hamburger doesn't take long. I chop my onions, celery and a little green pepper while the meat browns. Add the veggies, ketchup, yellow mustard and brown sugar. Done.

I don't measure stuff, I go by color and then taste it.

A giant tossed salad maybe. I think a fresh green salad is always good.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hot dogs - potluck?

[ Edited ]

Honey do yourself a favor -

It's Hot Dogs and Beans!!

Fast, easy, and inexpensive.  Whenever our girl scout troop had a Pot Luck Dinner, that was one of the mother's choice to make - and Everybody ran for it!!

Respected Contributor

Some in my family won't eat hot dogs so I take sloppy joes in a crock pot, buns & fixins...others bring the sides.

Honored Contributor

love hot dogs, but prefer them sauteed first and then put into a crockpot to stay warm. i like some color on them.

you could also cut the hot dogs up into bite sized pieces and put them into a crockpot. make the sauce of one bottle of grape jelly (or your favorite jelly) and one bottle of bbq sauce. another sauce that is good is 1 cup bourbon, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I know some people will not eat hot dogs, but I am at a loss as what to take to a potluck...I am leaning toward hotdogs...

I'd take buns, onions, relish and ketchup...unless someone can give me a better idea.

I have a lot going on on Saturday and won't have a lot of time to make anything...open to suggestions.

thank you

@Mom2Dogs 

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

thank you

@Mom2Dogs @good idea. Bring mustard too. Use a good brand of kosher beef hot dogs such as Nathan's or Hebrew National. Get the thicker ones. Bring mustard too. It would be fun to bring chili if you are into it, but it's not a necessity. Try the potato buns. 

Esteemed Contributor

Take the hot dogs! Since it's a potluck, I'm sure there will be other things to eat for those who don't want what you bring! I bet you'll be surprised, though, how many people will love your choice!

Frequent Contributor
Or pulled pork. Can make in crockpot ahead of time. Shred and put barbecue sauce. Take in crockpot along with buns.