Honored Contributor

Re: Hot day here in the Seattle Wa area

I'm far from seattle, but love my central air. I'd go without just about anything else, but not my air.  LOL.  I am quickly reminded when I visit family that have no air.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden--was wondering how you were enjoying your new AC---I am in Woodinville and it is HOT. No 

ac for meWoman Embarassed-----

@wagirl   We put it off for the last 26 years.....I use to dread summer. I only wish I had not put it off. 

We did the same thing.   Last year we finally decided to have AC installed.   When we first moved to Seattle the heat wasn't all that bad.   Just a few days that were a little uncomfortable.    Then it seemed like every summer the heat just became a little worse.  

Like you, I also started to dread seeing the end of winter weather because I knew what was coming.   We also noticed that the heat bothered us more as we got older.

We feel the best money we ever spent was to have the AC installed.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden--was wondering how you were enjoying your new AC---I am in Woodinville and it is HOT. No 

ac for meWoman Embarassed-----

@wagirl   We put it off for the last 26 years.....I use to dread summer. I only wish I had not put it off. 

We did the same thing.   Last year we finally decided to have AC installed.   When we first moved to Seattle the heat wasn't all that bad.   Just a few days that were a little uncomfortable.    Then it seemed like every summer the heat just became a little worse.  

Like you, I also started to dread seeing the end of winter weather because I knew what was coming.   We also noticed that the heat bothered us more as we got older.

We feel the best money we ever spent was to have the AC installed.  

@J Town Girl     Yes, now retired... home all day and not at work where it is cool... and being in our mid sixties.... the heat is just TOO MUCH.  I do not thing it is healthy to be too hot.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Our area is currently under a heat warning.

@Desert Lily.  Are you in Arizona?  We, in the Albuquerque area, have been having an unseasonably cool, wet spring.  We just hit 90° for the first time last week-end.  Nights and early mornings are very cool.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I'm west of AZ. It's way too hot, and just the beginning of summer. I can't wait to retire and move to a cooler place.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily.  That's what I did; moved here from West Texas.  I love this climate...dry, gets hot in afternoons but nights and mornings are pleasant due to altitude.  We get some snow but just enough to be pretty without inconveniencing anyone.   We have four seasons with autumn leaves.

Respected Contributor

When I moved from SoCal to the Seattle area in 1977, there were only a few days of warm weather in the summer & it seemed like everyone complained when it got above 80° & almost no one had AC.  By the time I retired & moved to AZ in 2006, there were longer stretches of hot weather & it was getting into the 90's.  Never had AC in my home in WA, but if I'd stayed, I think I might have gotten it, because it got kind of miserable trying to sleep in an upstairs bedroom with a fan in the window at night when it was hot towards the last few years.   I noticed that the recent owners of my old home up there have had central air installed in the house. Thankfully, I have AC down here in AZ!  lol

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01.  There are many places that would be uninhabitable if it wasn't for air conditioning.  I can't imagine living without it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@aubnwa01.  There are many places that would be uninhabitable if it wasn't for air conditioning.  I can't imagine living without it.

@Kachina624 

I think about that.  Before air conditioning became accessible to many people there were not many people that lived in desert areas year round.  What is going to happen to all the people that live in the retirement communities in Phoenix, Tucson and all the other hot areas if the power grid is compromised.