Honored Contributor

Hot day here in the Seattle Wa area

[ Edited ]

It will  be in the 90's today.... normally my house would be a HOT BOX.... and I would be miserable sweating with fans blowing on me to try to make me less frigging hot....my house would probably be  in the 80 degree plus  range upstairs  by now......

But with my new heat pump and furnace  put in a month ago.... I am cool... comfortable and so happy I spent the money to have it installed.   The house is at 72 and very comfortable!   It is suppose to cool back down into the 70's by Saturday.... but today I am a happy camper!    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hot day here in the Seattle Wa area

@SeaMaiden , so happy you are enjoying your investment!  It will make you happy again and again.  $ well spent!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to read in another post that apartments and businesses in San Francisco are rarely air conditioned. I knew temps in the 60's are common much of the year but never gave the lack of air conditioning a thought.Now they have 100 degree temps and people suffer.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden--was wondering how you were enjoying your new AC---I am in Woodinville and it is HOT. No 

ac for meWoman Embarassed-----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden--was wondering how you were enjoying your new AC---I am in Woodinville and it is HOT. No 

ac for meWoman Embarassed-----

@wagirl   We put it off for the last 26 years.....I use to dread summer. I only wish I had not put it off. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden---AC was never a big deal here in WA.; well in western wa.  We built our house in 1986 and NEVER even thought of AC. Heck, the cars didn;t have it back then either. Well maybe the high end ones did. Right now, we are facing a huge  repair consteuction from a tree and we may have to get a new furnace too--its at least 30 years old. If we do, will push hard for AC.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden---AC was never a big deal here in WA.; well in western wa.  We built our house in 1986 and NEVER even thought of AC. Heck, the cars didn;t have it back then either. Well maybe the high end ones did. Right now, we are facing a huge  repair consteuction from a tree and we may have to get a new furnace too--its at least 30 years old. If we do, will push hard for AC.

@wagirl   Our  electric furnace was also 30 plus years old( came with the house) I hope you can get a heat pump or AC 🙂.  We got a heat pump with new furnac.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  In light of the climate change that we're experiencing, I think you'll find having that heat pump installed was one if the smartest moves you've ever msde.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am in Western Washington also but I closed the house up and have a fan in the kitchen and running the fan on the furnance and it is 76 in my house.  It is starting to cool down now.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our area is currently under a heat warning.