Occasional Contributor

Host Fashion Choices Off the Wall

I tend to go for classic styles.  There is a particular host that wears some outfits that I wonder who is possibly "dressing" her.  Layers are good but some combinations just don't work IMHO.  I am trying not to be unkind and not name names but boy, I'm wondering when they look back at pictures, are they going to say, "what was I thinking?" Just had to comment.

Respected Contributor

Re: Host Fashion Choices Off the Wall

@Daelightful wrote:

I tend to go for classic styles.  There is a particular host that wears some outfits that I wonder who is possibly "dressing" her.  Layers are good but some combinations just don't work IMHO.  I am trying not to be unkind and not name names but boy, I'm wondering when they look back at pictures, are they going to say, "what was I thinking?" Just had to comment.

You're "not doing" a lot of things, hmmm.   But as confidential as you are trying to be, it's obvious who you're not naming.  We all have our own styles we like.  I'm sure we've all looked back over the years and thought the same thing ... "what was I thinking." 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

I agree. I don't watch as much QVC as I use to, but I go back and watch some of the videos of items I am interested in. I am baffled at what a host is allowed to wear during a "style" show. 

Anonymous

This post has been removed by QVC because of an unkind comment

Honored Contributor

I think they believe they are thinking like their target buyer (which may or may not be true). Many of us are not that target buyer and find the outfits OTT and fugly. But I just SMH and change the channel because QVC must believe there is a target buyer, even if it's Punky Brewster.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I think the Host should wear what QVC is selling.

How can you sit next to a Designer, holding their shoes, telling us to BUY and you have on a Designers shoes who NEVER sells on the Q???

Honored Contributor

@Daelightful wrote:

She's not a conservative 70 year old......no one expects her to dress like one. There's no right or wrong when it comes to fashion today.  We all wear what we choose to wear.

Respected Contributor

i know for a fact that i've looked at pictures of myself from years ago and thought, what was i thinking?  we all can't be harbingers of good taste all the time.  i know i can't anyway.  lol