Respected Contributor

Re: Horrible experience at a Funeral last night

[ Edited ]

So sorry..I know how horrific this can be for a family..I buried both of my parents on the same day..(My mother died very suddnely while planningmy Dad's funeral) Devastating, is all I can say..There really ARE no words of comfort that are enough in this kind of situation..

My heart goes out to the family and all who witnesed it...Please know that there was nothing you could have done...

Respected Contributor

My heart breaks for the family, especially for the grandchildren.

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

So sorry..I know how horrific this can be for a family..I buried both of my parents on the same day..(My mother died very suddnely while planningmy Dad's funeral) Devastating, is all I can say..There really ARE no words of comfort that are enough in this kind of situation..

My heart goes out to the family and all who witnesed it...Please know that there was nothing you could have done...

@Mothertrucker@, I'm so sorry you lost your mother that way. The worst family thing I've experienced was when my paternal grandmother created a scene at my father's funeral. My mother and siblings wanted a closed casket honoring my father's wishes and ours to preserve memories of him before the ravages of his prolonged illness. @Red Top posted earlier that the husband of a friend works at funeral home and frequently sees situations where there is a sudden death of a spouse or someone disrupting the service.

Esteemed Contributor

How sad and tragic for the family. When my brother in law died suddenly, I feared that my mother in law would not make it through the funeral. Her doctor medicated her so heavily that she was numb. I suppose that helped her survive the ordeal. When people are together for a very long time, the thought of going on without him or her can be unbearable.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  Sorry you had to experience such a bizarre event. That's something a person can't just brush off!  Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

You truly can die from a broken heart. They are together again now. Such a traumatic situation for the family who is left behind. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon event. Deepest condolences to the family left behind.

You know this happens more then you know...many couples that shared a life together..end up dying within days of each other...remember Debby Reynolds..she was so upset about her daughter Carrie's death..she died days later...they say she had a broken heart~ Yes..they are together again..and nothing will separate them again.Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

What a devastation for the whole family! Im sorry for the loss of your friends, and I hope you are ok as well.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

I just want to add that I think it was thoughtful of you to quietly leave and let the family be together . 

I can understand how upset you were to witness this . I am sorry for the family but happy for the lady who lost her hubby, she was with him again for eternity.i wish that had been the case for me when I lost my husband. Seven years later I still grieve and miss him terribly. 

Honored Contributor

OMG, what a sad story, I have heard someone can die of a broken heart!Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

OXOX...anyone else not surprised???