Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible experience at a Funeral last night

@stevieb wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hope she was ok, that's really the only take away I have on this.  I hope it was nothing serious.  It was a horrible thing....for her and her family.   It's understandable especially if she has a medical condition.  There is nothing more stressful than losing a loved one, especially a spouse or a child.  

It pays to read the thread, especially a shorter one like this. The OP already posted that the poor woman didn't make it...

@stevieb wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hope she was ok, that's really the only take away I have on this.  I hope it was nothing serious.  It was a horrible thing....for her and her family.   It's understandable especially if she has a medical condition.  There is nothing more stressful than losing a loved one, especially a spouse or a child.  

It pays to read the thread, especially a shorter one like this. The OP already posted that the poor woman didn't make it...

That's ok, I like to give people you something to do....

Respected Contributor

So sorry you experienced that.  I know how upsetting it must have been for you.

I had a similar experience a few years ago at a funeral for the husband of a woman in my Bible study.  Right after the service, her sister's husband had a heart attack and died before the ambulance got there.

So sad.

Honored Contributor

very sad

Respected Contributor

Oh my God I am so sorry for this family. I guess she could not survive the stress of her husbands death. So sad. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my God I am so sorry for this family. I guess she could not survive the stress of her husbands death. So sad. 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

My condolences to that entire family. I can't imagine how much psychological pain this has to be for them. It has to be very upsetting to you and your husband having to experience something like this event.

Unfortunately, many seem to believe the saying "70 is the new 50". From my experiences of being around 100+ heart patients, some still in their 20's, chronological age is only part of the number of years a person has been alive. Early 60's chronologically means very little to me because of my experiences with my many long term hospitalizations. What one does with those years are what counts.

A very sad story indeed, and I wish you and your husband well. So sad for that already grieving family.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You truly can die from a broken heart. They are together again now. Such a traumatic situation for the family who is left behind. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon event. Deepest condolences to the family left behind.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

You truly can die from a broken heart. I pray the widow recovered from her medical crisis and it would be helpful for the OP to update us since she initially shared what happened.

Post #12 @lovesrecess

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Goldengate8361 @I am still oxox  The OP went home in respect for the widow and her family in such an unexpected situation.  My heart goes out to the entire family during their time of grief. Doubt @Nataliesgrammaknows "the rest of the story" yet.  

@BirkiLady, I totally agree with you. @Nataliesgramma was concerned for the widow and her family. She and her husband were there to offer condolences and show respect. It had to have been upsetting for them, too, or she wouldn't be posting about it. I saw the rude one-liner thrown at her in response to her heartfelt description and sympathy for those involved. Some people on these boards are so inconsiderate and impolite.

@Silver Lining

Rude one liner?   Seriously?   

How could anyone read that OP and not be concerned how the woman was doing?  That's definitely not rude.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Goldengate8361 @I am still oxox  The OP went home in respect for the widow and her family in such an unexpected situation.  My heart goes out to the entire family during their time of grief. Doubt @Nataliesgrammaknows "the rest of the story" yet.  

@BirkiLady, I totally agree with you. @Nataliesgramma was concerned for the widow and her family. She and her husband were there to offer condolences and show respect. It had to have been upsetting for them, too, or she wouldn't be posting about it. I saw the rude one-liner thrown at her in response to her heartfelt description and sympathy for those involved. Some people on these boards are so inconsiderate and impolite.

@Silver Lining

Rude one liner?   Seriously?   

How could anyone read that OP and not be concerned how the woman was doing?  That's definitely not rude.

@Tinkrbl44, you must have missed it. Came and went very quickly. See post #5 where the person said she had it removed.