Esteemed Contributor

Horrible experience at a Funeral last night

We went to a Funeral for a man who used to live down the street from us last night. Hubby and I wanted to go early because we were meeting friends for dinner. Their kids and Grandkids were already there along with a few other people when we arrived. His widow was sitting in the lobby. 

From what I understood, she got lightheaded when she went in to view the body and her kids brought her out into the lobby....All of a sudden she falls out of the chair onto the floor . One of the Ushers was a retired Fireman and he started CPR. The Funeral Director was calling 911.

The woman was turning purple...People were in shock. Someone asked everyone to go outside, but not to leave until the ambulance got there. I guess so as not to block it from getting in.

Her gandson was asking several people if they thought "His Gramma was going to be OK"...Heartbreaking....

Hubby and I just went home....The couple was the same age as us.....early 60's..

I feel so bad for the family

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Horrible experience at a Funeral last night

So what happened to her? Is she ok now? 

Honored Contributor

I hope the lady is ok. It sounds like she was overcome with grief. I would like to hear how the lady is doing. Especially sad for the youngsters.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 @I am still oxox  The OP went home in respect for the widow and her family in such an unexpected situation.  My heart goes out to the entire family during their time of grief. Doubt @Nataliesgrammaknows "the rest of the story" yet.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

I have deleted my comment, I have decided I want no part of the circus this might become

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Goldengate8361 @I am still oxox  The OP went home in respect for the widow and her family in such an unexpected situation.  My heart goes out to the entire family during their time of grief. Doubt @Nataliesgrammaknows "the rest of the story" yet.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady, I totally agree with you. @Nataliesgramma was concerned for the widow and her family. She and her husband were there to offer condolences and show respect. It had to have been upsetting for them, too, or she wouldn't be posting about it. I saw the rude one-liner thrown at her in response to her heartfelt description and sympathy for those involved. Some people on these boards are so inconsiderate and impolite.

Honored Contributor

What a shock for family.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

That is so sad.  The poor woman.  That poor family.

Why things happen in life, just astounds me. 

Sorry @Nataliesgramma, that you had to experience that and for that family.

Honored Contributor

My friends husband works in a funeral home and says they deal with this often.

A boy I graduated from high school with lost his dad and mom within a month of each other. His mother had a stroke at the viewing for his dad, and never recovered.

Prayers for this family.
Valued Contributor

I’m so sorry you were in the middle of that, it must have been so upsetting.  I can see how you’d just go home to your safe space.  Sorry for the family.