Super Contributor

Re: Horrible experience at a Funeral last night

How horrible ,that poor woman it just was to much for her. Hope she is okay.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We went to a Funeral for a man who used to live down the street from us last night. Hubby and I wanted to go early because we were meeting friends for dinner. Their kids and Grandkids were already there along with a few other people when we arrived. His widow was sitting in the lobby. 

From what I understood, she got lightheaded when she went in to view the body and her kids brought her out into the lobby....All of a sudden she falls out of the chair onto the floor . One of the Ushers was a retired Fireman and he started CPR. The Funeral Director was calling 911.

The woman was turning purple...People were in shock. Someone asked everyone to go outside, but not to leave until the ambulance got there. I guess so as not to block it from getting in.

Her gandson was asking several people if they thought "His Gramma was going to be OK"...Heartbreaking....

Hubby and I just went home....The couple was the same age as us.....early 60's..

I feel so bad for the family

@NataliesgrammaThat is awful.  I ran ambulance and they don't do CPR on you if you have a heartbeat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Thanks everyone for your compassion.....I am still not over it...

No...the lady didn't make it.......we left out of respect for the family 

@Nataliesgramma   Oh I am so so sorry!  Prayers for their family.  I cannot imagine.  Sorry you had to witness that.  

Respected Contributor

As we go through life we all experience times when we are overwhelmed by circumstances. Heartbreaking for all concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   I am hoping that you are doing better today.  Life is hard---Was thinking about what you last night and this morning.   I imagine anyone witnessing that would be upset

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We went to a Funeral for a man who used to live down the street from us last night. Hubby and I wanted to go early because we were meeting friends for dinner. Their kids and Grandkids were already there along with a few other people when we arrived. His widow was sitting in the lobby. 

From what I understood, she got lightheaded when she went in to view the body and her kids brought her out into the lobby....All of a sudden she falls out of the chair onto the floor . One of the Ushers was a retired Fireman and he started CPR. The Funeral Director was calling 911.

The woman was turning purple...People were in shock. Someone asked everyone to go outside, but not to leave until the ambulance got there. I guess so as not to block it from getting in.

Her gandson was asking several people if they thought "His Gramma was going to be OK"...Heartbreaking....

Hubby and I just went home....The couple was the same age as us.....early 60's..

@NataliesgrammaThat is awful.  I ran ambulance and they don't do CPR on you if you have a heartbeat.

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@NataliesgrammaThat is awful.  I ran ambulance and they don't do CPR on you if you have a heartbeat

@Nataliesgramma   I hope you are doing better today!  Thinking of you and their family.  I cannot imagine.