Honored Contributor

Re: 2Re: Horrendous post office delivery

@gardenman 

I've had my own horror stories with Fed-Ex.....

One of my brothers lives out of state and sent a DVD of my neice/nephew's school play...he sent it Fed Ex so I'd get it by Christmas and waived signature, but the Fed Ex guy was insisting on a signature....since I was working at the office at that time instead of from home, I got home late, and a signature would be difficult to arrange and if someone stole it, what value would the DVD be to them anyway, but Fed Ex was insistent on a signature....I called them and my brother had to call them and give them heck to get it delivered without the signature!!..SMH! 

There was another time, that I got a notice that it had been a 3rd and last delivery attempt for a package and I would have to go to the Fed Ex Office to pick it up...However, the tracking showed only ONE attempt was made---  I called them and gave them HECK!!! 

Another time the Fed Ex guy delivered my package to a neighbor since I was not at home and no notice was left or emailed that they had done this, and this neighbor works for a hospital and has a floating varied work schedule hard to connect with...we finally crossed paths and told me that she had my package ....!!!!  

And these are just a few incidents....I always try to make sure that things are sent either UPS or USPS (yes despite all their issues, even USPS is better than

Fed Ex ) 🙄

The UPS guys are always great!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I think Fed-Ex varies by region as some people swear they're the best. I just know they're far from the best around here. Any other carrier is better for me, but I've got at least three (I  think) orders now coming Fed-Ex. Lucky me. Oddly the two packages that were both in Northhampton at the same time on Saturday have now been split apart. One is still in Northhampton (apparently it likes it there) while the other one is on the truck and out for delivery and I should have it by tomorrow night. (Must be a slow truck.)

Fed-Ex swore a few years ago that they'd tried to deliver a package three times and then made me drive to Delaware to pick it up at their warehouse, but the tracking showed they'd only tried to deliver it once, and I was home and I swear they didn't even try to deliver it then. I was there and waiting for it and it never came. I paid the $4 bridge toll to go get it myself to be sure I got it.

I cringe when I see Fed-Ex come up as the shipper, but most companies don't give you a choice. If Fed-Ex gives them the best price, they ship via Fed-Ex.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

I think Fed-Ex varies by region as some people swear they're the best. I just know they're far from the best around here. Any other carrier is better for me, but I've got at least three (I  think) orders now coming Fed-Ex. Lucky me. Oddly the two packages that were both in Northhampton at the same time on Saturday have now been split apart. One is still in Northhampton (apparently it likes it there) while the other one is on the truck and out for delivery and I should have it by tomorrow night. (Must be a slow truck.)

Fed-Ex swore a few years ago that they'd tried to deliver a package three times and then made me drive to Delaware to pick it up at their warehouse, but the tracking showed they'd only tried to deliver it once, and I was home and I swear they didn't even try to deliver it then. I was there and waiting for it and it never came. I paid the $4 bridge toll to go get it myself to be sure I got it.

I cringe when I see Fed-Ex come up as the shipper, but most companies don't give you a choice. If Fed-Ex gives them the best price, they ship via Fed-Ex.

@gardenman 

Good Luck with those Fed Ex deliveries.....

I have asked Ebay vendors their method of shipment, and sometimes even instructed them to send it USPS rather than Fed Ex and advised I prefer a more reliable shipper and am willing to wait for my package...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Funny, I've had the opposite experience.  As I mentioned many of my packages shipped USPS have been severely delayed (by weeks!) and I'm still waiting on one.  Plus my mother sent holiday cards in Dec. which took two weeks to arrive.  She sent me more mail (an envelope) on Jan 2 and it still hasn't arrived.

I shipped my QVC returns through FedEx and it was delivered within two days.  I also had to mail a form to my financial advisor and told him that I wasn't going to use USPS.  Instead I spent more money to mail an envelope via FedEx...it arrived in one day.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Spurt   Funny, I've had the opposite experience.  As I mentioned many of my packages shipped USPS have been severely delayed (by weeks!) and I'm still waiting on one.  Plus my mother sent holiday cards in Dec. which took two weeks to arrive.  She sent me more mail (an envelope) on Jan 2 and it still hasn't arrived.

I shipped my QVC returns through FedEx and it was delivered within two days.  I also had to mail a form to my financial advisor and told him that I wasn't going to use USPS.  Instead I spent more money to mail an envelope via FedEx...it arrived in one day.

@haddon9 

Fed Ex Service can vary depending on different locations....

And I give USPS some grace dealing with the pandemic, and the tremendous increase in online orders, and UPS shuffling a lot of their business to USPS Mail Innovations.... 

All my FedEx incidents happened way before the pandemic...

Honored Contributor

Re: Horrendous post office delivery

I'm on the Cleveland area.  We made the national news for being one of the top worst postal areas.  It seems Cleveland is where mail comes to die.  

I subscribe to a monthly beauty box.  It was shipped USPS from PA on the 10th of January.  From there it went to Illinois (went right past me in Ohio) and it sat there until the 17th.  It then came to Cleveland and then left Cleveland and went to a different city in PA, which is where it is now.  That makes no sense to me. 

I have friends and relatives still waiting for packages that have been sitting in Cleveland since December 3rd. There is no further movement at all  Tracking shows it sitting there.

I dropped 3 packages off to my local PO on 12/30.  I used a pre-printed return label on them.  The one coming back to QVC as of today still said awaiting pick-up.  Thank goodness that issue was resolved through CS.  One package has said "In Transit" since about 30 minutes after I dropped it off.  I have no idea where it is.  The other one shows no tracking at all. Nothing comes up when I enter my tracking.  It's crazy.

It took 2 weeks for a letter to get to my house from the next city over yet I received a letter on Saturday from CA that was mailed on the 13th of January.      

Honored Contributor

Our mail service has been terrible since long before COVID. There always seems to be an excuse for slow or non-existent mail delivery...but since we are footing the bill, we should be getting our mail without never knowing when or if it will arrive. The holidays are also not an excuse. The holidays and online shopping happens every year.....plan for it!
Honored Contributor

In an unexpected twist, Fed-Ex just delivered a package (Wyze Cam V3) with a USPS tracking number on it, but not the package (breeder box for my fish) that they were supposed to deliver today. Maybe it's coming later on today? The camera was supposed to be coming through the Fed-Ex Mail Innovations process, but didn't and the breeder box that's supposed to be coming straight Fed-EX didn't show up. At least not yet. Interesting.

According to Wyze: "Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the USPS facility. Please check back soon!" And they give me a USPS tracking number. But Fed-Ex just delivered it.

The breeder box for my fish has been on a Fed-Ex truck and out for delivery since about 5 AM yesterday morning but still nothing. Interesting. I'm sure it all makes sense to someone. Sadly, that someone isn't me. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Now Fed-Ex is saying the breder box was delivered at 3:02 PM and handed to the customer. Uh, no. It wasn't. They're now rechecking the status and will have an update for me within four hours. (About 7:30 PM.) If I don't hear anything by then I'm to contact the shipper so they can file a claim and reship the item. I hate Fed-Ex with a white hot passion.They are horrible! 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had problems with FedEx.  Very few if any with UPS.  The worst is still the post office.  I just received notice from QVC that (expensive) 18K gold ring (with my name engraved on it) was shipped today.  The bad news is that it will be with USPS. I was horrified, but nothing I can do.  They already shipped it.  50/50 chance I will get this during the month of January.....

I called QVC.  They said the company that made my ring and who engraved it sent it out USPS.  So it will be post office from beginning to end.