Honored Contributor

Re: Horrendous post office delivery

I have several bills that I can't pay online. I wish I could. I do realize that postal workers have been working extremely hard under difficult conditions and I appreciate this. 

Honored Contributor

Unacceptable????  Don't accept it then.  Don't use the postal system.

Valued Contributor

@rms1954 definitely unacceptable, there is a word called reasonable you might want to look it up in the dictionary. I am not complaining about one envelope not making it there on time.

Respected Contributor

I read post on this website and I sometimes think people live in a bubble.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they really have been trying to do the impossible and making it possible.

The new post master general did cut off funds remember.

I don't understand though how and why a package goes from one state to another, almost where it needs to be delivered and then back across the country or to the state it came from. 

I will ask my daughter's fil!

(When he has a day off-he's a mailmanHeart)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@godi wrote:

I am old school I still write checks. NO MORE! I had three utilities charge me late fees because they never got my checks. I mailed the three Dec 11. They still didn't get them. I never in my 60+ years had a late fee. I signed up online for payments now. I am very scared of it but what choice did I have?

@godi  Don't be scared, I have been paperless as soon as biller offers it and pay on line for many, many years.  Its makes it all so much easier.  

I agree there is nothing to be scared about regarding paying bills online!! 

You can check your accounts often and if you see a problem get in touch with those in charge to get any problems fixed right away.

I have been paying all bills online now for many years and never had a problem....I also feel more in control by doing it this way rather than hoping for the best with snail mail.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I received one of the magazines I subscibe to. The magazine is dated Nov. 23, 2020. Still haven't received my car insurance bill which is due by the 15th (I paid over the phone), still haven't received my home owners insurance bill due on the 23rd and got my bank statement 10 days later than usual. Now awaiting my credit card bill.

Honored Contributor

I see the news and know what they said about late deliveries, etc.  I got a Christmas card 2 days ago.  About 4 days ago I received 4 People magazines really old!  2 days ago I got a nice catalog type flyer with a 30% coupon from Kohl's which was to be delivered the last week of November.  There were other things but I can't remember now.  Thankfully, so far, I haven't noticed that I am missing anything really important!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@godi 

When I got an email from Verizon last week telling me my payment was overdue, I checked my Verizon folder for the last bill paid and then I checked my log of when bills were due to be received.  They were right !  

However, I had never gotten the December bill and with all the year-end bookkeeping prep and packing for several months in FL, it was easy for this to slip by.

Spoke with a Verizon rep: they granted a several-day grace period and I mailed the check.  They were inundated with this problem.  No late fee.

Perhaps you could call and see if your three providers could waive the fees if asked.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Under the circumstances they have and are doing a great job.  My regular mail person had worked 7 days a week for up to 12 hours a day for nearly a month to try to get the backlog cleared up,  So many workers were off due to Covid - either because testing positive with or without symptoms or just quarantining due to having been exposed to someone who was positive.  I commend each and every one of them for working so hard in spite of all those who just want what they want without any acknowledgement of the pandemic that caused the issues.  Who of these complainers couldor would  do a better job??!!!!

@Pook @Kachina624 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Added to the pandemic-caused understaffing and the dismantling of mail-sorting equipment ( that the incompetent postmaster general appointee implemented last fall )

is the unprecedented volume of online purchases to be delivered.  

Call it the perfect storm or a trifecta of disasters:  it will get. 

@KACEE1115 

If you spoke with a postal worker recently, you will find they are more upset than the general public with what is going on.  They are overworked and frustrated with trying to merely survive and being unable to give the past level of service.

Imagine coming in each shift to face these conditions without an end or lifesaver in sight !  Incompetent, agenda-loving employees have wreaked havoc across the board.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill