Honored Contributor

Re: Horrendous post office delivery

@homedecor1 

I don't recall anyone recommending ordering after the 12? 15? of November for guaranteed Christmas delivery because of the virus.  I'm sure you would have seen it if they had posted a warning.

Honored Contributor

@godi  I'm 72 and late DH and I have paid all our bills online for years. Not one single problem and don't have to worry about a check being delivered on time.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.  Please don't make this a conspiracy theory.  Have you seen pictures of warehouses piled to the ceiling with carts of mail?  The tractor trailer trucks they had to use for mail storage because they ran out of space?  The rank and file postal employees worked their fannies off and still are but the volume was simply over-whelming.

What possible motive would the USPS have for wanting you to use online services?  Your mail is their job security.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Under the circumstances they have and are doing a great job.  My regular mail person had worked 7 days a week for up to 12 hours a day for nearly a month to try to get the backlog cleared up,  So many workers were off due to Covid - either because testing positive with or without symptoms or just quarantining due to having been exposed to someone who was positive.  I commend each and every one of them for working so hard in spite of all those who just want what they want without any acknowledgement of the pandemic that caused the issues.  Who of these complainers couldor would  do a better job??!!!!

@Pook 

Yes, and it's not as if everyone wasn't warned, as far back as the beginning of October, if not before.  

Just today, I received another delay email from UPS. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I'm sorry wasn't meant to be that ... I'm just frustrated.

In 2 weeks I've received 1 piece of mail and that was a flyer for a new dentist in the area!!!

And when Fed Ex came today I honestly thought it was my spouses meds -- lord only knows where they are!!  

Honored Contributor

@godi.  I've  used online banking exclusively since 1995. and have never had a late fee, an error or a breech of my account.  Many payments are transmitted electronically so the post office is not involved.  I've saved a small fortune in postage since its always free.  It's the only way to go.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.  Unfortunately, the situation in your area must be unusually bad.  I've had no problem at all.  All my packages arrived well before Christmas and all the things I've ordered in the after-holiday sales have arrived.  There seem to be pockets in places around the country which seem to be disaster areas.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

that is a true statement for sure!  I just got a call from GD asking me why I sent her a Thanksgiving card ... omg really...

they live in NJ which seems to have lots of mail issues in his area!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1. LOL.  I hope you told her you mailed it EARLY to make sure she got it.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I am glad that I am so rural that I am beyond delivery.  The closest PO didn't have a box, so I go a town over.

Used to go once a week, but now it is more like every 3 weeks.  All my bills are electric and the rest of the stuff is just a mystery.  Easier on my nerves.