Valued Contributor

Horrendous post office delivery

I have never seen such horrible delivery by the by the post office . I am just receiving Christmas cards this past week that were mailed December 7 December 11 and December 16. Also my daughter mailed five packages on December 7 and they are just starting to be delivered this week, they went from Maryland to Georgia, to Maryland, back to Georgia and finally being delivered slowly but surely this week. This is unacceptable. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Horrendous post office delivery

I am old school I still write checks. NO MORE! I had three utilities charge me late fees because they never got my checks. I mailed the three Dec 11. They still didn't get them. I never in my 60+ years had a late fee. I signed up online for payments now. I am very scared of it but what choice did I have?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You should notify Louis DeJoy, the PostMaster General. 

There is nothing we can do for you here on these boards.

@KACEE1115 

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115.  What do you expect from a post office deluged with more mail than they could possibly handle and managed by an incompetent postmaster general?  Things will slowly get better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Under the circumstances they have and are doing a great job.  My regular mail person had worked 7 days a week for up to 12 hours a day for nearly a month to try to get the backlog cleared up,  So many workers were off due to Covid - either because testing positive with or without symptoms or just quarantining due to having been exposed to someone who was positive.  I commend each and every one of them for working so hard in spite of all those who just want what they want without any acknowledgement of the pandemic that caused the issues.  Who of these complainers couldor would  do a better job??!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I am still waiting from two packages.  I hope my packages arrive.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Pook.  The public has a right to expect reasonable mail delivery and have a right to complain if it's deplorable.  They are not expected to be experts on the management of postal services, however, the postmaster general is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

I am old school I still write checks. NO MORE! I had three utilities charge me late fees because they never got my checks. I mailed the three Dec 11. They still didn't get them. I never in my 60+ years had a late fee. I signed up online for payments now. I am very scared of it but what choice did I have?

@godi  Don't be scared, I have been paperless as soon as biller offers it and pay on line for many, many years.  Its makes it all so much easier.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry NO EXCUSE for this ... I just received my gd christmas gift from personalization mall (ordered 11/25) TODAY fed ex - original shipping date 12/3 ... UNACCEPTABLE!!

And all my cards are just being received up North which I mailed 12/5 TODAY...

Sorry ... please something was going on OR is going on with the postal system --

NO pass for them!!  I'm tired of "excuses" when postage keeps going up ..

In fact, spouse just reminded me our bank statement NEVER came ... but our stock stuff usually received by 12/11 was received today...

grrrrr

Maybe its another ploy to "force us to do everything online!".

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@godi 

In all the sites I know they are very protected.  Don't be concerned.  They HAVE to be safe. 

HD, who's degree is in physics and owns his own computer company swears by malware and prefers it over Norton.  You might want to get it.